Joel Hoektra's 13 Dying to Live - Whitesnake Ex-Night Ranger guitarist, featuring Russell Allen, Jeff Scott Soto, Vinny Appice, Derek Sherinian

treeduck

WHITESNAKE/Ex-NIGHT RANGER Guitarist JOEL HOEKSTRA To Release JOEL HOEKSTRA'S 13 Debut 'Dying To Live'

http://myglobalmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Interview-with-Joel-Hoekstra_1.jpg

Joel Hoekstra will release "Dying To Live", the new melodic hard rock studio album from his electrifying new side project JOEL HOEKSTRA'S 13, on October 16 via Frontiers Srl. The currrent guitarist for WHITESNAKE, Hoekstra is best known for his work with NIGHT RANGER, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA and the show "Rock Of Ages".

"Dying To Live" features an all-star cast of rockers, including Jeff Scott Soto (vocals), Russell Allen (vocals), Tony Franklin (bass), Vinny Appice (drums), and Derek Sherinian (keyboards).

Hoekstra took charge of the creative process by handling the production, songwriting and arranging (music and lyrics). The end result could best be described as hard, melodic, classic rock that is DIO-ish at its heaviest and FOREIGNER-ish at its lightest.

"Years ago, I released three solo albums that were mainly instrumental guitar music. I wanted to put something out that showcased my production, writing and playing in the genre that I'm known for, which is melodic, hard rock," explains Hoekstra. "That's when I decided to start what I consider to be my rock side project, JOEL HOEKSTRA'S 13."

"Dying To Live" focuses on struggles, potential pitfalls and the art of overcoming obstacles in life to finally arrive where we are meant to be. The CD was conceived before Hoekstra joined WHITESNAKE, whose lead singer, David Coverdale, gave the album his full blessing.

"David wants his players to spread their wings and fly, and, of course, be ready to rock when WHITESNAKE needs them, which obviously won't be an issue," says Hoekstra.

Excited how the new album turned out, Hoekstra is looking forward to the overall reaction from fans and media. "I hope everyone will give it a listen," he says. "I feel it showcases my production, writing and playing in essentially the same genre. The lineup of musicians is stellar! I want to thank everyone for any support in advance. Life is good!"

"Dying To Live" track listing:

01. Say Goodbye To The Sun

02. Anymore

03. Until I Left You

04. Long For The Days

05. Scream

06. Never Say Never

07. Changes

08. The Only Way To Go

09. Dying To Live

10. Start Again

11. What We Believe

12. Kill or Be Killed (bonus track digital download)

An EPK (Electronic Press Kit) for the album is available below.

The musicians:

* Joel Hoekstra (WHITESNAKE) - Guitar, Backing Vocals

* Jeff Scott Soto (JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) - Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals

* Russell Allen (ADRENALINE MOB, SYMPHONY X) - Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals

* Vinny Appice (Black SABBATH, DIO) - Drums

* Tony Franklin (THE FIRM, BLUE MURDER) - Bass

Special Guest Musicians:

* Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION) - Keyboards

* Chloe Lowery (TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) - Vocals

* Toby Hitchcock (PRIDE OF LIONS) - Additional Backing Vocals

* Charlie Zeleny (JOE LYNN TURNER) - Percussion

* Dave Eggar (AMY LEE, COLDPLAY) – Cello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIXnpBhe03w

http://bravewords.com/medias-static/images/news/2015/JoelHoekstraart.jpg

Definitely getting it....sounds fantastic & I loved Joel in Night Ranger.

Aye I'll grab this one along with the new Stryper album, they're out the same week in October.

:haz: :haz: :haz:

I'm ready for this one! I'm telling you it's gonna be good!

I've liked Hoekstra since way before he joined Night Ranger ever since I got his The Moon is Falling album about 10 years ago!

He's a beast!

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Not bad but not great either on first listen.

It won't be long before you're headbanging like Animal from the Muppets to this on an hourly basis!

I'll buy the album straight off, I'm really looking forward to this, Stryper & Michael Monroe, all due out around the same time!

Not bad but not great either on first listen.

It won't be long before you're headbanging like Animal from the Muppets to this on an hourly basis!

I'll buy the album straight off, I'm really looking forward to this, Stryper & Michael Monroe, all due out around the same time!

Yeah I'll be grabbing this, Stryper and Metal Allegiance all at the same time.

I hear some good things but comes off a bit plodding. I do like Joel. I've seen him a couple times with TSO and with night ranger. He's a hell of a player

Aye I've been a fan since I got his The Moon is Falling album back around 2003. Here's a track: