Post a Word You Don't Like

Blue J

This thread is for words that just turn you off, or make you squirm, or roll your eyes, or just run away screaming.

Come on, I know you can think of some.

I'll start it off-

robust

I just can't stand that word!

regardless

Even worse is a 'word' that I hear some people use that isn't even a word- irregardless.

Actually, it may technically be a word, but too many people use it when they actually mean to say 'regardless'.

But either way, it's annoying!!

• Like 2

moist...this word should never be used unless you are talking about chocolate cake. That is it's only acceptable use.
  • Like 2

moist...this word should never be used unless you are talking about chocolate cake. That is it's only acceptable use.

Don't tell Tombstone that...

But otherwise, I agree with you!

This thread is for words that just turn you off, or make you squirm, or roll your eyes, or just run away screaming.

Come on, I know you can think of some.

I'll start it off-

robust

I just can't stand that word!

I see "bust" in there! What's not to like?!

problematic

I'm neutral on the word but loathe the people that use it. It's like some arrogant manager beating around the bush:

"Hmm, yes...as we can all see, the situation that's come to everyone's attention has, due to a variety of factors, become...well, how can I put it...uh...problematic."

• Like 1

problematic

I'm neutral on the word but loathe the people that use it. It's like some arrogant manager beating around the bush:

"Hmm, yes...as we can all see, the situation that's come to everyone's attention has, due to a variety of factors, become...well, how can I put it...uh...problematic."

That's it, yes, exactly! I can't separate the word from the people who use it. It's just a euphemism, a nice-ism, for saying that everything's all a mess. Just say it, already! Right?

• Like 1

very rare, extremely rare, exceptionally rare

It is just RARE and that is it!!!

It drives me crazy.

• Like 1

very rare, extremely rare, exceptionally rare

It is just RARE and that is it!!!

It drives me crazy.

Along those same lines...how about

Very unique

Somewhat unique

Extremely unique

I could be mistaken, but I don't think there are degrees of uniqueness, technically speaking. Either something is unique, or it is not. Right? :huh:

• Like 1

Maybe this doesn't count cause it's an acronym, but yolo. And it's specifically one individual I know who says it in the most bemusing ways possible. I don't think he knows how to use the meaning of the abbreviation properly.

A few examples of this:

"I invite everyone to go Yolo with me!"

"Don't mess with crazy #yolo filmmakers"

"Yolo forever"

"I wonder what you would answer since you yolo"

"A joke full of no my so yolos."

"Cinema yolos"

I do like the sentiment of what the acronym means, but if there's a moment which calls for that kind of feeling, I'd say the full unabbreviated phrase or alternatively, "you live only once".

• Like 1