Jump to content


Windows 10?

windows 10 upgrade

  • Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 tas7

tas7

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hobart, Tasmania

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

Upgrade or not, hearing you lose the ability to play DVDs? Anyone know?

Sponsored Post

#2 LittleRushmonkey

LittleRushmonkey

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 2075 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Interests:Photography, filmmaking and music

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

I doubt it. If that means no software to play them you can just use VLC or something. They scrapped dvd playing software in Windows 8 and I just use VLC since my laptop's Windows 8.

Edited by LittleRushmonkey, 29 July 2015 - 03:31 AM.


#3 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:43 AM

I thought I was a fukking whack job.  Why is this in the Rush Section?

Are you referring to Windows 2112?

Does not compute.

We have assumed control.

f**k Windows.

Apple to oranges........................................

#4 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 38761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:44 AM

Oh I get it!!

WINDOWS FORCE 10?

#5 tas7

tas7

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hobart, Tasmania

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

Take a chill pill, just thought Rush fans might know what's going on. Wasn't sure where to put it but at least I'm not asking you to rank albums for the billionth time.

Edited by tas7, 29 July 2015 - 04:00 AM.


#6 mother of all machines

mother of all machines

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 769 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My pride, my ego and my self esteem
  • Interests:Mortals like to call it music.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

Whybis this in rush category?
Btw, be careful with Windows 10 if u use your computer to record music. Many programs aint availbale to be used.

PD:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 29 July 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

I thought I was a fukking whack job.  Why is this in the Rush Section?

Are you referring to Windows 2112?

Does not compute.

We have assumed control.



f**k Windows.

Apple to oranges........................................

Maybe hes talking about Power Windows!

#7 mother of all machines

mother of all machines

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 769 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My pride, my ego and my self esteem
  • Interests:Mortals like to call it music.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

View Posttas7, on 29 July 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Take a chill pill, just thought Rush fans might know what's going on. Wasn't sure where to put it but at least I'm not asking you to rank albums for the billionth time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to tell him to chill, hes not angry, just messy. Thats how RH talks in forums. There is at. The bottom of the main menu a non-rush related part, and it even has its place for computation. And yes, im also tired to rank albums

Though i never did it :D

#8 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 16029 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:10 AM

View Posttas7, on 29 July 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Take a chill pill, just thought Rush fans might know what's going on. Wasn't sure where to put it but at least I'm not asking you to rank albums for the billionth time.
I think you need to chill.  This section is for a Rush related posts.  Not sure what windows 10 has to Dow it's rush.  There is a section for technology related posts elsewhere on the forum if you bothered to look.

#9 tas7

tas7

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hobart, Tasmania

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostAncient Ways, on 29 July 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

View Posttas7, on 29 July 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Take a chill pill, just thought Rush fans might know what's going on. Wasn't sure where to put it but at least I'm not asking you to rank albums for the billionth time.
I think you need to chill.  This section is for a Rush related posts.  Not sure what windows 10 has to Dow it's rush.  There is a section for technology related posts elsewhere on the forum if you bothered to look.
I'm very chilled, looked but couldn't find where you're suggesting. Maybe a moderator can move it before any more people wet their knickers over it.

#10 mother of all machines

mother of all machines

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 769 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My pride, my ego and my self esteem
  • Interests:Mortals like to call it music.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

Lets all take chill pills and everybody is happy!

#11 tas7

tas7

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 822 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hobart, Tasmania

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

I've asked admin to move it to where ever it should go.

#12 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 16029 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

View Posttas7, on 29 July 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

I've asked admin to move it to where ever it should go.
They took mercy on you and moved it to tech section instead of the bin where it belongs.

#13 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21977 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

View Postmother of all machines, on 29 July 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

Whybis this in rush category?
Btw, be careful with Windows 10 if u use your computer to record music. Many programs aint availbale to be used.

PD:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 29 July 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

I thought I was a fukking whack job.  Why is this in the Rush Section?

Are you referring to Windows 2112?

Does not compute.

We have assumed control.



f**k Windows.

Apple to oranges........................................

Maybe hes talking about Power Windows!

Whoa. really? I had planned to upgrade but if that's the case I'll pass.

#14 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 14374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was suggested by some to not upgrade it right away. They said it was best to wait a few months for all the bugs to be worked out and then give it a try. That's what I think I will do.

#15 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21977 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was suggested by some to not upgrade it right away. They said it was best to wait a few months for all the bugs to be worked out and then give it a try. That's what I think I will do.

I'm not sure how long the free upgrade is available but probably if they get the bugs worked out is when it'll start costing money.

#16 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2229 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 July 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was suggested by some to not upgrade it right away. They said it was best to wait a few months for all the bugs to be worked out and then give it a try. That's what I think I will do.

I'm not sure how long the free upgrade is available but probably if they get the bugs worked out is when it'll start costing money.
From what I understand, you have a year to install it after it is downloaded to your PC.

#17 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21977 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 29 July 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 July 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was suggested by some to not upgrade it right away. They said it was best to wait a few months for all the bugs to be worked out and then give it a try. That's what I think I will do.

I'm not sure how long the free upgrade is available but probably if they get the bugs worked out is when it'll start costing money.
From what I understand, you have a year to install it after it is downloaded to your PC.

Ah...but you have to download it first then.

#18 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2229 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 July 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostMr. JD, on 29 July 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 July 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was suggested by some to not upgrade it right away. They said it was best to wait a few months for all the bugs to be worked out and then give it a try. That's what I think I will do.

I'm not sure how long the free upgrade is available but probably if they get the bugs worked out is when it'll start costing money.
From what I understand, you have a year to install it after it is downloaded to your PC.

Ah...but you have to download it first then.
If you Windows 7 or 8, you can get it for free via download. You "reserve" your copy and it gets downloaded automatically in the background. You pick when and if you want to install. Also, it would be hard to install if you didn't download it first.  :-)

#19 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21977 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

View PostMr. JD, on 29 July 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 July 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostMr. JD, on 29 July 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 July 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 29 July 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was suggested by some to not upgrade it right away. They said it was best to wait a few months for all the bugs to be worked out and then give it a try. That's what I think I will do.

I'm not sure how long the free upgrade is available but probably if they get the bugs worked out is when it'll start costing money.
From what I understand, you have a year to install it after it is downloaded to your PC.

Ah...but you have to download it first then.
If you Windows 7 or 8, you can get it for free via download. You "reserve" your copy and it gets downloaded automatically in the background. You pick when and if you want to install. Also, it would be hard to install if you didn't download it first.  :-)

No, I know that.  :D  What I meant was whether the download would still be free after they got the bugs worked out.

#20 BowlCity

BowlCity

    Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

  • Members *
  • 10521 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Omaha
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Cubs

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

It looks great, but I'm holding off on this one. This desktop is used for dozens of games, and lots of software development, so I'm gonna wait until the storm blows over and I know everything will still work.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, 10, upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users