Rate 'Bravest Face'

DistantEarlySignals

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rate 'Bravest Face'

• other (please specify)
  2. 2. How does Bravest Face compare to the rest of the album?

• Best of the bunch!
    • Better than a majority of the rest
    • About the same
    • Worse than a majority of the rest
    • Worst song on the album!
  3. 3. How does it compare to the rest of the post Mercury catalog?

• Best of the bunch
    • Better than most of it
    • About the same
    • Worse than most of it
    • Worst of it all!

Gonna try what I did with Faithless, and do a poll on what is possibly the most unreasonably hated song in the history of TRF, only rivaled by The Speed of Love - Bravest Face.

Same concept. Different song. Vote on.

My vote is 11+....

Edited by DistantEarlySignals

Other than the cool acoustic riffs it's not very good...a shining example of Geddy trying like all hell to squeeze Neil's overly wordy and obtuse lyrics into some semblance of a melody.

Total filler that would have never made the cut during the vinyl days. Always skipped.

• Like 5

Other than the cool acoustic riffs it's not very good...a shining example of Geddy trying like all hell to squeeze Neil's overly wordy and obtuse lyrics into some semblance of a melody.

Total filler that would have never made the cut during the vinyl days. Always skipped.

Lyrically, I find it a really interesting work. Alex has some great moments where he noodles away. One of the best on a decent overall effort.
  • Like 1

Lyrically, I find it a really interesting work. Alex has some great moments where he noodles away. One of the best on a decent overall effort.

:laughing guy: ...good one!

• Like 1

The opening riff is promising - and I don't mind the instrumentation and the vocal delivery. I like the message of the song but not some of the lyric lines - I've grown tired of the word "child" being sung for some reason; I'm not a big fan of the "preshuss," either. I like the lead bits, which remind me of the bluesy licks from Ghost of a Chance. The song doesn't rock like better Rush tunes. If it could be de-preshussized, I'd be happier listening to it.

:laughing guy: ...good one!

I think he got a hold of a bad mushroom.

Unlistenable from the first lyrics sung. Just tried...and blechhh. "Though we might have precious little, it's still precious..."

Please. :facepalm:

• Like 3

I agree- this song is a lot better than most here perceive it.

In my opinion, of course.

I love about 90 percent of what Rush has put out, this song does not fall into that category.

I'm with you. The remaining 10 percent...let's just say that I'm not mad, just disappointed.

I'm confused.

The opening riff is promising - and I don't mind the instrumentation and the vocal delivery. I like the message of the song but not some of the lyric lines - I've grown tired of the word "child" being sung for some reason; I'm not a big fan of the "preshuss," either. I like the lead bits, which remind me of the bluesy licks from Ghost of a Chance. The song doesn't rock like better Rush tunes. If it could be de-preshussized, I'd be happier listening to it.

A kinder, gentler review.