50 replies to this topic

#1 DirkPrattLerxst

DirkPrattLerxst

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1139 posts
  • Interests:Professional air bassist/drummer/guitarist

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

It seemed as if he was struggling in San Jose but I'm completely blown away by how he sounded in the past two shows. He sounds stronger than the start of the tour and he's hitting the notes amazingly. I wonder if he made an adjustment that really worked for him.

Sponsored Post

#2 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Haven't heard any of the recent ones so really couldn't say one way or the other. Just hope as I have said before that the performance DVD comes out spot on this time... :sigh:

#3 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostDirkPrattLerxst, on 28 July 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

It seemed as if he was struggling in San Jose but I'm completely blown away by how he sounded in the past two shows. He sounds stronger than the start of the tour and he's hitting the notes amazingly. I wonder if he made an adjustment that really worked for him.

I thought he sounded particularly good on the older stuff last night. Not just like he was just hitting the notes but really singing well.

#4 jamie

jamie

The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

• Members
  • 12162 posts
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, bass players with long brown hair

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

my friend posted some videos of the San Jose show and Geddy sounded better on certain songs than he did on others imo. i only watched about 4 or 5 videos but still.

#5 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

He stopped eating that spicy chicken. :chickendance:

#6 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

I think we would all agree though that out of all of the shows so far on this tour, the worst had to be the first Toronto show.  Did anything go right that night?

#7 bordercollie

bordercollie

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostLorraine, on 28 July 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

I think we would all agree though that out of all of the shows so far on this tour, the worst had to be the first Toronto show.  Did anything go right that night?
Based on Periscope and Youtube, the first set was atrocious, but the second set was amazing on the first night.  Then, the second show was one for the ages.

#8 DirkPrattLerxst

DirkPrattLerxst

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

The Anarchist was atrocious vocally on night #1.

#9 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

View Postbordercollie, on 28 July 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Based on Periscope and Youtube, the first set was atrocious, but the second set was amazing on the first night.  Then, the second show was one for the ages.

That it was!!   :wub: :wub: :wub:

#10 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

He killed it in Vegas.

#11 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostNarps, on 28 July 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Just hope as I have said before that the performance DVD comes out spot on this time... :sigh:

+1
Take some time on this DVD/Blu Ray.  If this will be the last of the big productions available to us then do it right.  My requests would be audio production (please have some separation/depth in the audio) and camera cuts (less is more).  As a bonus some isolation camera views would be cool and any of the soundchecks as extras...

#12 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostPressure/Hopenosis, on 28 July 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Just hope as I have said before that the performance DVD comes out spot on this time... :sigh:

+1
Take some time on this DVD/Blu Ray.  If this will be the last of the big productions available to us then do it right.  My requests would be audio production (please have some separation/depth in the audio) and camera cuts (less is more).  As a bonus some isolation camera views would be cool and any of the soundchecks as extras...

I would agree with all of this. S&A''s has been their best DVD so far. If they put out something similar to that I'd be very happy.

#13 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostDirkPrattLerxst, on 28 July 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Wasn't that the show he got handed the wrong green bass?

#14 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

Oh and back on topic I was surprised how well Geddy sounded in Detroit.  I had goosebumps for 70% of that show...

#15 DirkPrattLerxst

DirkPrattLerxst

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

+1
You shouldn't worry too much about audio, David Bottril is mixing it. He's the guy who remixed VT.

#16 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

:| :ph34r:

#17 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27720 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostDirkPrattLerxst, on 28 July 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

+1
You shouldn't worry too much about audio, David Bottril is mixing it. He's the guy who remixed VT.
Geez. Now I feel better. Thanks...

#18 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostLorraine, on 28 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostDirkPrattLerxst, on 28 July 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Wasn't that the show he got handed the wrong green bass?

Right bass, just tuned wrong.

#19 RichardNBacker

RichardNBacker

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

He sounded great in Phx.

#20 MeanMeanPride

MeanMeanPride

The Seeker

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Rush, of course!

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

In Vegas I remember being in disbelief about how good Geedy sounded on Lakeside Park. Like, it was crazy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users