Predictions about the Los Angeles Show and potential finality of it.

LeaveMyThingAlone

Is there anything to verify that this is actually backstage at a Rush show? Not to suggest our book-reading, tennis-playing rock stars don't know how to party, but...
  • Like 2

I do not see anything new.

I do however see a combination of sets. Maybe 2 or 3 extra songs from the typical ABC setlists.

Rush is just too hard a band to try and read, it could be the same set we have seen on the tour, or who knows what.

We will be watching

Just read this in another topic:

Honestly, there are about a hundred other Rush songs I'd rather hear in LA than Losing It.

LOL, I honestly I have no idea why that song is so revered. And I love Signals. It's my fave Rush album. There are at least 5 other Signals tracks I'd rather hear than Losing It.

I have heard rumblings that the Forum gig will get an outta the blue shocker one-time-only deep cut. I've even heard what it might be. Hint. C.P. ;)

Honestly, there are about a hundred other Rush songs I'd rather hear in LA than Losing It.

LOL, I honestly I have no idea why that song is so revered. And I love Signals. It's my fave Rush album. There are at least 5 other Signals tracks I'd rather hear than Losing It.

I have heard rumblings that the Forum gig will get an outta the blue shocker one-time-only deep cut. I've even heard what it might be. Hint. C.P. ;)

No way they play something new on the very last show- maybe ever- that they haven't practiced the bejesus outta' first.

They wouldn't want to risk a train wreck on that last day :(

I am unsure that Rush has ever officially played a 'train wreck.'

I suspect this board will be pleasantly surprised come Saturday night 1030 pm PST. :)

Is there anything to verify that this is actually backstage at a Rush show? Not to suggest our book-reading, tennis-playing rock stars don't know how to party, but...

Nope, some quick Googling shows it's from a Comedy Central special.

No way they play something new on the very last show- maybe ever- that they haven't practiced the bejesus outta' first.

They wouldn't want to risk a train wreck on that last day :(

I am unsure that Rush has ever officially played a 'train wreck.'

I suspect this board will be pleasantly surprised come Saturday night 1030 pm PST. :)

We're finally gonna get some Tai Shan?

• Like 1

10.30PM PDT, last show, that's when they're on CoS, hmmm. Not NEPs favorite album. So Maybe FBN...But if it's CTTC,(the CP hint) that would be more like 9.00 PDT.

They could play Necromancer and FoL, not sure Rush fans would be happy, considering Rush will be 15 minutes from retirement at that time. But that would be EPIC.

What a run it has been. What a way to go out, the last five - ten years! From a nebbish band to unquestioned rock royalty. Their concerts will be sorely missed.

• Like 2

I was thinking "Limelight" as the second MP track would be appropriate. They've done it so much, they probably wouldn't need much rehearsal.

Another thought I had was an extra encore of "The Garden" with a reunion of the string section.

Or maybe the final song will be drawn from a hat that has every song they've ever recorded in it. "And the last Rush song ever to be played IS.....drum roll, Mr. Peart.....DOG YEARS! 1-2-3-4....". ;)

• Like 1

On one hand I think they'll just do what they've been doing and not change anything. But on the other hand, I have a feeling they might do something really wild for the last show.
  • Like 2

Maybe they'll play In The End in the encore ;)

But seriously, one of the set-list from this tour plus Losing It with both Ben & Johnathan on violins?

Would love Dog Years.

or Kid Gloves

End on a high note with some High Water, then never play live again.

Hahaha! God I love that song. I've been playing the entire "Hold Your Fire" album for three days straight. I can't get enough.

The drumming is off the hook. So fun.

The last song the will end with in Los Angeles California will obviously be......

"A Farewell To Kings."

• Like 1

Keep an eye out for their families that night. If this is truly THE END, I would think maybe they would fly out for the show. Even Geddy's Mommy.

Unless, of course, they are all so thankful it is finally all over, their attitude is more along the lines of Bette Davis' towards Leslie Howard in the old movie Of Human Bondage: "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"

:)

Neil is going to jump on his bus at exactly 10:52 pm and head home to Montecito.

He will be with his beautiful wife and Olivia.

He will be a full time husband and father.

Rush is only immortal for a limited time.

Everything comes to an end.

Again my bet is they will play again in Toronto one last time.

I will be there.

Will you??

Keep an eye out for their families that night. If this is truly THE END, I would think maybe they would fly out for the show. Even Geddy's Mommy.

Unless, of course, they are all so thankful it is finally all over, their attitude is more along the lines of Bette Davis' towards Leslie Howard in the old movie Of Human Bondage: "Good riddance to bad rubbish!"

:)

Neil is going to jump on his bus at exactly 10:52 pm and head home to Montecito.

He will be with his beautiful wife and Olivia.

He will be a full time husband and father.

Rush is only immortal for a limited time.

Everything comes to an end.

Again my bet is they will play again in Toronto one last time.

I will be there.

Will you??

Sure, if I ever get off my butt and get a passport. :P

I don´t believe that this is the last show they do on this tour...

They take a long break, and then they going to Europe to play a couple of shows, and then they are going back to the states.

I don´t believe that this is the last show they do on this tour...

They take a long break, and then they going to Europe to play a couple of shows, and then they are going back to the states.

They won't. The show on August 1 is not only the last show of the R40 tour, it is THE last Rush show ever. Neil will never tour again and Alex is also ready to retire. Hopefully we'll have a solo album from Geddy in a few years.

• Like 1

Too bad they don't televise it for the fans. Hopefully some good folks will be scoping it. Looks like a late night for us east coasters.

I also hope some quality tapers will be in attendance as well.

Maybe they will play "My Way" lol

"And now, the end is near

And so I face the final curtain

My friend, I'll say it clear

I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full

I traveled each and every highway

And more, much more than this, I did it my way"