Resale tickets - anyone ever had issues?

TexMike

I'm looking at the resale tickets for L.A. on Ticketmaster and wondering how you can be sure that a seller doesn't have another copy of the e-ticket that they intend to use or sell to someone else. I imagine if that happened, the first ticket that got scanned would get the seat. Anyone ever get scammed like that or worry that it could happen? Is there any guarantee when buying through TM that you're getting the ONLY valid copy of the ticket?

Nah, man, it's straight up through TM. Once purchased, the original ticket bar codes are automatically invalidated, and new ones are issued for the new owner. No chance of duplicates. It's all good. The problem is the markup, LOL. :) Edited by Bard
  • Like 2

I've bought a bunch of tickets through StubHub and they've all been fine. Yeah, I do have the worry in the back of my head, but so far no problems.

Nah, man, it's straight up through TM. Once purchased, the original ticket bar codes are automatically invalidated, and new ones are issued for the new owner. No chance of duplicates. It's all good. The problem is the markup, LOL. :)

Thanks, that's reassuring to hear.

And yeah, the markups really suck. I'd like to hold out for the usual trickle of last minute face value seats from TM, but I'm thinking it may not happen this time.

I also have resale tickets for the LA gig. Not worried a bit. That's how they set it up. Once the new buyer purchases the resale tickets, the old seller is completely removed from the equation except for their payment from TM. No chance of them ripping you off by going with the old ticket they were issued.

I agree that last minute face value seats are usually the way to go. But not this show. With RushCon in LA, plus it being the last Rush show on their last tour...I'm actually surprised there's any seats left at all at the Forum. But what is left...sheesh. Front row center for 10k a ticket? No show is worth that. Even if you had the money. :)

Still, there's a few upper bowl seats left for under 300. Ouch. We ended up getting some nice box seats on the upper level, would've preferred being closer, but what needs must be done.

• Like 1

What also seems weird to me is that people are reselling the wheelchair sections. Are there even permanent seats in there? Doesn't seem like that should even be legal. Even the legitimately handicapped Rush fans are at the mercy of brokers!

Wouldn't you know it! At the time I started this thread, I had my eye on a single ticket that was in a great spot and not too obscenely priced. I hesitated and......gone! Back to the drawing board. :(