Ramblin' Man Fair was awesome!

I'm back from my weekend at Maidstone to see Ramblin' Man Fair :yay: It's been awesome, not a bad band playing there. The worst part was figuring out who to go and see. My top 3 that I saw were Solstafir, Dream Theater and Haken. The Scorpions were headlining and had an awesome set. I was amazed that Klause Meine still had got such a great voice. Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull was great and fun to watch. Marillion, who were headlining on the prog stage, made the perfect end to the weekend. There were quite a few bands I regret not seeing like Anathema and Joanne Shaw Taylor. Also a bit disappointed about not seeing blue oyster cult. Weather was lovely in Saturday but there was quite a bit of rain on Sunday... proper festival weather :LOL: . The food there was lovely, although I mostly had pizza :pizza: . The people there were great and the festival was a good size, not too big and I'm guessing it was a success since they've put up next year's tickets for sale. Can't wait to see what's on the bill for next year.

:7up:

• Like 7

Totally awesome weekend despite the dreadful weather on Sunday. My top 3 were Riverside, Ian Anderson and Haken with Marillion and Camel close runners up. I was also disappointed that due to clashes I couldn't get to see everyone, especially Dream Theater and BOC. I did see Anathema who were having some technical issues and were a bit disappointing. Quote of the weekend goes to Knifeworld's Kavus Torabi, "I have never had to say this before, but just wait while I towel my guitar down". As a total Steven Wilson fangirl, I was delighted to spot him backstage watching both Riverside and Ian Anderson.

All in all a brilliant weekend and I will almost certainly be going again next year.

• Like 2

Totally awesome weekend despite the dreadful weather on Sunday. My top 3 were Riverside, Ian Anderson and Haken with Marillion and Camel close runners up. I was also disappointed that due to clashes I couldn't get to see everyone, especially Dream Theater and BOC. I did see Anathema who were having some technical issues and were a bit disappointing. Quote of the weekend goes to Knifeworld's Kavus Torabi, "I have never had to say this before, but just wait while I towel my guitar down". As a total Steven Wilson fangirl, I was delighted to spot him backstage watching both Riverside and Ian Anderson.

All in all a brilliant weekend and I will almost certainly be going again next year.

Ian Anderson was great, reminded me of my grandad a bit. I skipped anathema to see Dream Theatre and had to miss half of Haken (they're still one of the best I saw) to see Dream Theatre. I unfortunately missed Riverside and Knifeworld :( . Never knew Steven Wilson was there but I guess I didn't pay much attention to backstage. I didn't think that the weather was too bad on Sunday but I guess I'm used to it. Solstafir in the rain was actually really good, despite his mic breaking which, fortunately, was early on in the set.

I don't know if I saw you there but great that you enjoyed it and it's awesome to hear it's happening again next year :yay:

• Like 1

Cracking looking Lineup.

Saw BOC back in the 80's.

I feel though that Anathema have starting disappearing up their own asses!!!!

Saw them twice when they were just a support band. They had a real sense of fun then, and the music was great.

Saw them again as a headliner and the singer was incredibly arrogant, spoiling the whole show.

I found the recent video recorded in Italy, horribly boring.

I suppose with so many lineup changes over the years, it's a miracle they have kept going.