Has this song been scrapped from the setlist?

Xanadu

Between The Wheels

I am hearing they have played DEW for about five nights in a row but is that right? I haven't been following all the threads.

It's from set B, which they skipped the last few shows. I wonder if they dropped B altogether.

• Like 1

A quick look on setlist fm shows that DEW has been played at the last three shows. It seems odd they would drop BTW with only a few shows left. Maybe Geddy goofed up accidently introduced the wrong song so they played it instead? Edited by J2112YYZ

I think it's because if you looked in the Setlist site. They switched it up is Seattle. So they played it 3 times in a row to make up skipping the original routine. Set B will probably be played tonight. This is what happened.

Set A

Set B

Set A

Set B Seattle

Set A

Set A

Set A

So B will be played tonight and in LA they will play A and I guarantee they will do losing it either tonight or in LA. Probably in LA
  • Like 1

I think it's because if you looked in the Setlist site. They switched it up is Seattle. So they played it 3 times in a row to make up skipping the original routine. Set B will probably be played tonight. This is what happened.

Set A

Set B

Set A

Set B Seattle

Set A

Set A

Set A

C was played in San Jose I believe, which should be second from bottom.

So B will be played tonight and in LA they will play A and I guarantee they will do losing it either tonight or in LA. Probably in LA

I think they will play losing it for the last show in LA which would be fitting. And I shall be there.

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 2

A quick look on setlist fm shows that DEW has been played at the last three shows. It seems odd they would drop BTW with only a few shows left. Maybe Geddy goofed up accidently introduced the wrong song so they played it instead?

DEW has way more energy and a broader appeal, I think.

ETA: But Alex nailed the BTW solo in Seattle. Just killed it!!!!

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

Yeah, I am going to Phoenix tonight and it would be really cool to hear Losing it, but yet again it would probably make more sense to play it in LA.

A quick look on setlist fm shows that DEW has been played at the last three shows. It seems odd they would drop BTW with only a few shows left. Maybe Geddy goofed up accidently introduced the wrong song so they played it instead?

Very true. DEW is one of those songs everyone knows and always gets a great reaction live. I got BTW both times I saw them and Alex nailed the solo perfectly. Geddy does talk before they play it, so that's why i'm thinking he may have introduced the wrong song and Alex and Neil just went with it.

Very true. DEW is one of those songs everyone knows and always gets a great reaction live. I got BTW both times I saw them and Alex nailed the solo perfectly. Geddy does talk before they play it, so that's why i'm thinking he may have introduced the wrong song and Alex and Neil just went with it.

I can see that happening - but does it mean the tech guys have to do some tap dancin' to get all the mixes right and the lights and video and all that? It seemed to me from watching that roadies documentary that the three guys have very particular in-ear monitor mixes for all of the different songs. I guess it would be an easy matter of punching in the right program for that song.

Edited by toymaker

It's more likely you got set B both times. If you got Camera Eye both times then you got set B

It's more likely you got set B both times. If you got Camera Eye both times then you got set B

I got Camera Eye at my first show. But I got what i'm guessing was set D at my second show because they played Losing It for the first time. How It Is and BTW where played at both shows. At the second show they did YYZ and Natural Science. So there was a bit of rotation swap at that one because I should have gotten set B again with the way they were doing it up to that point.

I'm not complaining at all. The setlist for night two in Toronto might be the best i've seen from any band ever.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Wreckers and How It is also haven't been played the last 3 shows.

Well at least there is some good news then... ;)
  • Like 1

The Anarchist was a great opener. So glad they played that one. Clockwork Angels instead of the Wreckers was a huge improvement in Portland compared to Seattle. There was energy throughout the first set. As much as I enjoyed How It Is, One Little Victory seemed better as well in terms of sustaining audience energy. Nothing worse than a buzzkill setlist, in my view.
  • Like 1

I think they will play losing it for the last show in LA which would be fitting. And I shall be there.

Me too my brotha!
  • Like 1

Tha is not it because don't talk when they play The Wreckers or Clockwork Angels. my guess is someone from the Seattke tour probably personally asked them for set B

He did. The song was just spectacular.

PS--my balls are healed now...just in time for LA

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

I got Camera Eye at my first show. But I got what i'm guessing was set D at my second show because they played Losing It for the first time. How It Is and BTW where played at both shows. At the second show they did YYZ and Natural Science. So there was a bit of rotation swap at that one because I should have gotten set B again with the way they were doing it up to that point.

I'm not complaining at all. The setlist for night two in Toronto might be the best i've seen from any band ever.

your second show must have been one of those weird rare set G's or something. I would like to have seen that. Maybe LA.

:LOL: I agree completely. No great loss.

• Like 2

He did. The song was just spectacular.

PS--my balls are healed now...just in time for LA

http://www.askamathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/executiveballclicker.jpg
  • Like 1

Wreckers and How It is also haven't been played the last 3 shows. Maybe they are done with first set rotations other than Losing It on final night.

I was happier to hear CA than the Wreckers, personally. I also prefer DEW over BTW, so Set A works for me if I can't get C. :)

• Like 1