I just thought I'd make this thread in case anyone else felt the same as I do. I have never, ever, ever, ever, never, ever dealt with such a horrible customer service in my life!!!

They were supposed to send a dude out to upgrade my internet connection speed. They told me that I would have to have a new modem to make it work and their guy would have to install it. So the day comes when the guy is supposed to show up between 1:00 and 5:00. We weren't home in the morning and when we get home at noon, we find a note on the door saying he came at 11:00 and no one was home. So my wife calls them and gets shuffled around for an hour without getting anywhere. I call up and go through the same thing but having more patience than my wife, I eventually get to someone who says they will send out another technician. A week later, the day comes when he is supposed to be there during the four-hour block of time they want you to just sit at home waiting for them. My son waited for them and they didn't show up. So I call again and go through the mandatory 70-minute waiting and transferring time until I get to the right person. I'm pretty upset by now and so the guy tells me that he'll just send me the modem. This was a week and a half ago. Still no modem. So I called them again and they're sending a technician out.

I'm sort of forced into using this horrible company because of availability and the bundling package I have.

But I hate CenturyLink and I would tell anyone I can to avoid them at all costs!!!

yup, last week I had an issue with one of my devices and I called tech support--was on hold/on the call for an hour and half and got no resolution. The girl handling my call did not know anything and kept putting me on hold.

I finally hung up and had my neighbor come over to help me.

Wish there was another viable option for high speed but there isn't.

• Like 1

Another example of a company where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

The last two contacts I had with CL were horrid. The first customer service rep gave me the completely wrong info after taking almost ten minutes to get it while I tapped my foot on hold. The second one was so nonchalant about the huge mistake the first CS person made that I was dumbfounded.

And they wonder why they are losing a lot of business.

• Like 1

yup, last week I had an issue with one of my devices and I called tech support--was on hold/on the call for an hour and half and got no resolution. The girl handling my call did not know anything and kept putting me on hold.

I finally hung up and had my neighbor come over to help me.

Wish there was another viable option for high speed but there isn't.

That was my exact same experience. She had no idea what I was talking about and kept putting me on hold to get answers to my questions. One exception though - she was no young girl - she sounded more like some 85 year old woman they dragged out of retirement to help with overflow calls. She didn't even sound like she was fully aware, but rather somewhat vague and foggy.

The only thing I know about CenturyLink is that's the name of the stadium that the Seattle Seahawks play in.

Can't you get Verizon as your service provider where you live? I've had them for years and have never had any problems. Getting put on hold for long periods of time is something that is very common. I'm not sure that would change much no matter who you had but when it comes to installing new equipment, there is no way you should have those kind of issues.

I have Windstream and they truly suck. Where I live they are the only "economical" option and the fastest speed I can get is 3 meg. Last time I called them (which is almost weekly), they told me that my DSL signal dropped over 75 times in the last 10 days. My cell phone gets over 65 meg connection speeds when I am sitting in my living room. Makes me so mad!

I see their customer service hasn't improved over the years.

Just spent thirty minutes on the phone with CenturyLink that accomplished ... nothing. After being put on hold for fifteen minutes (no exaggeration - it was fifteen minutes), some new customer service rep picks up the phone and wanted me to start from the beginning. After three attempts by him to get my phone number correct, I hung up.