Good Luck Rod in Rio--Marathon Man!

Our distinguished member, Rod in Rio, is running a marathon tomorrow in Rio. I couldn't imagine doing it myself, but I know it's a huge passion for this man we all love. Let us know how you do. I wish you luck big guy!

• Like 3

You go, Rod!!!

We are all rooting for you! After you win, we will have a huge TRF bash to celebrate! But, bring your own potato salad if you are smart. LABT might still be trying to unload the moldy stuff from eons ago on unsuspecting victims.

• Like 3

Thank you all for the support!!! The race is 12 hours from now, but I'm so anxious that I could start running immediately!!!!

After a few tweaks in the setlist, here are the five albums I'll listen to during the run:

Van Halen - 1984;

Dream Theater - Awake;

The Number of the Beast;

A Show of Hands;

Back in Back.

The goal is to finish in less than 04 hours, but just getting to the finish line will be awesome!!!

• Like 4

Marathon Rush mix:

Finding My Way - for anyone in front of you: "look out I'm comin'"

Best I Can - for the effort you're making

Cygnus X-1 - for the spinning and whirling

Red Barchetta - for the wind in your hair

Countdown - for counting down the km

The Body Electric - self explanatory

Marathon - also self explanatory

Prime Mover - the one leading all the rest

Cut to the Chase

Driven - what you must be even to do this in the first place

Time and Motion - two things that will be on your mind constantly

One Little Victory

Headlong Flight

• Like 1

Four hours to start...and I can't sleep anymore!!! Since yesterday morning I have this pain on my back from chasing my daughter around the house and carrying her, and this is bothering me A LOT! I think it has to do with anxiety as we'll, so I'm hoping that once I start to run this will go away.

Four hours to start...and I can't sleep anymore!!! Since yesterday morning I have this pain on my back from chasing my daughter around the house and carrying her, and this is bothering me A LOT! I think it has to do with anxiety as we'll, so I'm hoping that once I start to run this will go away.

Good luck, buddy! I'll be sitting on my lazy ass thinking of you!

• Like 1

I did it!!!! Finished the race in 03h56min. My best marathon never, and the one I felt I had more control of my pace, hidration, etc. At some point I thought I wasn't gonna make it - more or less on km 32 - but seeing my parents, my wife and my daughter along the way gave me that extra boost.

The soundtrack worked quite well, aside from the last track of Awake, which is VERY low-paced. ASOH helped a lot, especially Marathon, Turn The Page and Subdivisions. Maiden's Run to the Hills was quite a boost too, and I finished the race with an ominous one-two punch: Hallowed be thy name and AC/DC' Hells Bells.

I have a picture of me on km 35 which I'll post here later on. Once again, thanks for the support, guys!!!

• Like 10

I did it!!!! Finished the race in 03h56min. My best marathon never, and the one I felt I had more control of my pace, hidration, etc. At some point I thought I wasn't gonna make it - more or less on km 32 - but seeing my parents, my wife and my daughter along the way gave me that extra boost.

The soundtrack worked quite well, aside from the last track of Awake, which is VERY low-paced. ASOH helped a lot, especially Marathon, Turn The Page and Subdivisions. Maiden's Run to the Hills was quite a boost too, and I finished the race with an ominous one-two punch: Hallowed be thy name and AC/DC' Hells Bells.

I have a picture of me on km 35 which I'll post here later on. Once again, thanks for the support, guys!!!

:dweez: :notworthy:

• Like 1

Congrats on a new personal best!! Awesome!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

• Like 1

Congratulations Rod this is fantastic news!

Well done!

• Like 1