My Bi-Polar Night At Rush In Beautiful San Jose Californication! If RUSH Was A Woman I Would Marry Her..... BUT WAIT! No (song) FUKKING PISSSED

RUSHHEAD666

Gabriel, I see you are creeping up to 2112 posts! :popcorn:

Thanks Lorraine, and yes I am a creep, in the spirit of Radiohead! I actually didn't know I passed 2k, because I am usually on the mobile site. So I'll have to do a two for one here.

Its like reliving May 2015 all over again! San Jose got setlist C which was killer. Glad you enjoyed the set list a tad.

Wow so there is set A set B and set C. I saw set C. So my odds of seeing set A and B in LA aren't very good. You would think that set C would be the LA Forum. Just running the numbers I mean letters in my head.

They actually just started going in reverse in the last week, perhaps a reverse chronology gag, C B A. There are actually "special" versions of the setlists, D E F G...with their "special" song for this tour...LA will probably get one of those or perhaps H, a special new one for the last show on the last tour (of this magnitude ;) )

Tread carefully, we're in the spoiler thread, so all setlist mayhem is being discussed in detail!

incredible! You know your shit. I will just cross my fingers and hope for "Losing It." That's all I want.

I rather like the first set actually. My favs from it are Between the Wheels, The Main Monkey Business, How it Is, The Anarchist and Roll the Bones with the celebrity video.

Are you fuckking kidding me???? They play "Between The Wheels?" FUKK! I didn't know that! So I have two shots left to see "Between The Wheels" and "Losing It?"

Two of my all time favorite songs.

I am screwed man! I don't want to hear "Distant Early Warning" and "Subdivisions" anymore!!! UGH!!!!!!!

Not only is "Between The Wheels" one of the funnest songs to play on the drums I absolutely love Alex's guitar solo. So melodic and emotional.

PURE BLISS!!

Oh shit I just realized that I didn't include "Power Windows" in my original post review.

What the FUKK?

I thought they would do "The Big Money" or "Mystic Rhythms."

I can't believe they skipped this album too!!!!

Oh yeah they did "Middletown Dreams" on the CA Tour.

I fuckking missed it.

Gosh I hope I don't miss "Losing It."

If I don't see that song live then let's make a bet.

I won't post on the Rush Forum ever again if I don't see it live.

Any takers?

73 might love this bet.

LOL

Very likely it will be played at the Forum. I believe Audrey Solomon from Clockwork String Ensemble lives near LA and if Ben doesn't make the trip from Vancouver, Audrey will be their special guest, or so the rumor goes!

I rather like the first set actually. My favs from it are Between the Wheels, The Main Monkey Business, How it Is, The Anarchist and Roll the Bones with the celebrity video.

Are you fuckking kidding me???? They play "Between The Wheels?" FUKK! I didn't know that! So I have two shots left to see "Between The Wheels" and "Losing It?"

Two of my all time favorite songs.

I am screwed man! I don't want to hear "Distant Early Warning" and "Subdivisions" anymore!!! UGH!!!!!!!

Not only is "Between The Wheels" one of the funnest songs to play on the drums I absolutely love Alex's guitar solo. So melodic and emotional.

PURE BLISS!!

They rotate Between The Wheels with Distant Early Warning. If you're going to both LA shows you should get BTW once, I would think. There was no reason for them to play anything off Power Windows this tour since they played five off it last tour and played Marathon on the 2010 tour. It makes perfect sense that they skipped it this time.

Don't hold me to it but you should get Losing It at the last show. Hint: If they play Headlong Flight second, then they will be playing Losing It before Subdivisions.

• Like 1

Oh shit I just realized that I didn't include "Power Windows" in my original post review.

What the FUKK?

I fuckking missed it.

They played almost all of PoW collectively throughout the last two tours so they thought they'd give that album a rest. I feel you, I really love Power Windows myself and I lucked out getting Middletown Dreams at the show I saw on the CA Tour.

• Like 2

Nice review....I was there as well! And what a RUSH it was! (pun absolutely intended. ;) ) Alex was on FIRE! Holy shit...and Geddy's bass CUT THROUGH like a knife cuts butter! Oh, and his voice was great, too! And Neil...top of his game. They were on Thursday night.

This was my 3rd Rush show. Tied for my favorite with the Snakes and Arrows one @Shoreline in Mountain View c. 2007.

They still have it-whatever "it" is! :)

Edited by Ardent15
  • Like 2

What the FUKK?

I fuckking missed it.

They played almost all of PoW collectively throughout the last two tours so they thought they'd give that album a rest. I feel you, I really love Power Windows myself and I lucked out getting Middletown Dreams at the show I saw on the CA Tour.

Good point! But you are a lucky dog seeing "Middletown Dreams!!" I FAILED!

Nice review....I was there as well! And what a RUSH it was! (pun absolutely intended. ;) ) Alex was on FIRE! Holy shit...and Geddy's bass CUT THROUGH like a knife cuts butter! Oh, and his voice was great, too! And Neil...top of his game. They were on Thursday night.

This was my 3rd Rush show. Tied for my favorite with the Snakes and Arrows one @Shoreline in Mountain View c. 2007.

They still have it-whatever "it" is! :)

Nice pun! You are right. They still have "it."

Ha you think you should be pissed I saw 3 shows in 3 different states for the CA tour and got the exact same setlist. No Middletown and no Body Electric but Limelight 3 times man I like that song but already had seen it live.

This tour 2 shows 2 states same setlist no One Little Victory no Distant Early Warning no Red Barchetta. ..... but I did get Losing it one of my favorites so worth the swap out IMHO.

Hey honestly just glad to still see them live and on fire

Edited by hcm

Ha you think you should be pissed I saw 3 shows in 3 different states for the CA tour and got the exact same setlist. No Middletown and no Body Electric but Limelight 3 times man I like that song but already had seen it live.

This tour 2 shows 2 states same setlist no One Little Victory no Distant Early Warning no Red Barchetta. ..... but I did get Losing it one of my favorites so worth the swap out IMHO.

Yeah I saw the CA Tour three times as well. I got "Limelight" twice and "Body Electric" once! UGH! "Middletown" would have made my year though. Oh well.

Glad you saw "Losing It." I'm dying to see this song live. I have two chances.

I know many Rush fans on here don't like the song but man to me it goes a lot deeper than just the song. It's the lyrical content that now actually relates to our boys still playing in their older bodies that are starting to break down with arthritis and tendonitis.

The three of them are the characters in the song "Losing It."

It's a fitting song to play considering this really could be the final curtain call.

August 1st is going to be a very emotional night for me.

Hopefully I am wrong but I think this end of the boys playing live together.

Perhaps they might play three nights in Toronto as a Final Farewell.

I will be there.

Yeah I saw the CA Tour three times as well. I got "Limelight" twice and "Body Electric" once! UGH! "Middletown" would have made my year though. Oh well.

I know many Rush fans on here don't like the song but man to me it goes a lot deeper than just the song. It's the lyrical content that now actually relates to our boys still playing in their older bodies that are starting to break down with arthritis and tendonitis.

It's a fitting song to play considering this really could be the final curtain call.

I will be there.

If I could have taken the time I would be going to LA myself. Enjoy Losing It it will be worth the trip. At least I already have my ticket for AC/DC, Scorpions, and maybe, just maybe I can find a way to swing Motley Crue finally New Years Eve in LA. Some people might laugh but it's another memory from my teens.

• Like 1

I will be there.

If I could have taken the time I would be going to LA myself. Enjoy Losing It it will be worth the trip. At least I already have my ticket for AC/DC, Scorpions, and maybe, just maybe I can find a way to swing Motley Crue finally New Years Eve in LA. Some people might laugh but it's another memory from my teens.

I'm glad we met off of this forum dude. You are totally cool. I love this fukking place. Some hate me most adore me. LOL!

You are correct my friend. You already know me so well.

I am truly on my last Rush Mission. My only goal as a dude who has seen this band 58 times (which in my humble opinion is not impressive) is to see "Losing It" live.

"Between The Wheels" would be better than seeing "Distant Early Warning" but they played BTW a lot in the past! Hey that also stands for BY THE WAY!

RUSH ON!

• Like 2