My Bi-Polar Night At Rush In Beautiful San Jose Californication! If RUSH Was A Woman I Would Marry Her..... BUT WAIT! No (song) FUKKING PISSSED

RUSHHEAD666

I will chime in to agree about the second set but not the first. I loved the first set too. CA frickin rocks and I'm glad they played three songs from it.
  • Like 6

The first half of your review was scary, Earl...I thought you were going to bash the whole thing throughout! That second set is sure fire though, right?

Hell yes my friend!! "HOLD YOUR FIRE!" THEN LET IT GO "INTO THE FIRE!" "HEAVEN'S ON FIRE!" RUSH RULES!

Love,

Dokken and KISS

I will chime in to agree about the second set but not the first. I loved the first set too. CA frickin rocks and I'm glad they played three songs from it.

You are the man! Sadly I only cared for "Headlong Flight."

Too many CA songs!

Thank God there was no orchestra. LOL!

The first half of your review was scary, Earl...I thought you were going to bash the whole thing throughout! That second set is sure fire though, right?

Hell yes my friend!! "HOLD YOUR FIRE!" THEN LET IT GO "INTO THE FIRE!" "HEAVEN'S ON FIRE!" RUSH RULES!

Love,

Dokken and KISS

Did you see Dokken/Dio Last in Line tour Oakland?

Its like reliving May 2015 all over again! San Jose got setlist C which was killer. Glad you enjoyed the set list a tad.

Since the LA show is the last of the tour, they will probably do Losing It. Don't be upset they didn't play because it's not been a set regular this tour. They've only played it a handful of times when they had a violinist to join them on stage. They first played it in Toronto last month (I was there, btw) and since then it's just popped up at random.

I wouldn't call NYC going 2 for 2 "at random." Yes, Jon lives here, but they would have found someone else had he not. They have lots of connections I heard.

LA for sure, Irvine very possible.

They should print this verbatim in the paper as a review and then have him interviewed live on air.

It would probably break their 'bleep!' button.

Step away from the caffeine and no one will get hurt!

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

When I saw them at MSG, I was fully expecting to be sitting there bored for the first set.

Instead, I now have a newfound appreciation for modern Rush and how goddamn f***ing good those songs sound live. Far Cry and The Main Monkey Business blew me away and even One Little Victory, for how shit Vapor Trails is, sounded amazing live. Opening with The Anarchist really set the tone for what Rush is as a live band, a song that absolutley NO ONE knows outside the die hard Rush fanbase, and it got everyone on their feet. I didn't know the lyrics to ANY of the songs before Animate, but I still listened the shit out of those modern songs the next day on Spotify.

• Like 4

At this point, I think adding Presto, HYF, and Power Windows songs along with Witch Hunt is the absolute ONLY way the entire show could be any better than it is, with those things added, we would have the PERFECT Rush show.

"One Little Victory" was ok. Too bad Rush can't afford an HD quality screen. Damn that dragon was fuzzy. More fuzz than a fuzzy navel. Damn I need one after seeing that shit.

Lotta fun reading your review Earl...in addition to the setlist and stage props going back in time, the light show also moved in reverse chronology. HD wasn't widely used in the Vapor Trails era, so we would expect to see the OLV dragon in HD!

• Like 1

Love,

Dokken and KISS

Did you see Dokken/Dio Last in Line tour Oakland?

No damnit! I missed it!!!! I didn't see the "Holy Diver" tour either. :(

Its like reliving May 2015 all over again! San Jose got setlist C which was killer. Glad you enjoyed the set list a tad.

Wow so there is set A set B and set C. I saw set C. So my odds of seeing set A and B in LA aren't very good. You would think that set C would be the LA Forum. Just running the numbers I mean letters in my head.

They should print this verbatim in the paper as a review and then have him interviewed live on air.

It would probably break their 'bleep!' button.

Step away from the caffeine and no one will get hurt!

HAHAHA! FUKK YEAH!

"One Little Victory" was ok. Too bad Rush can't afford an HD quality screen. Damn that dragon was fuzzy. More fuzz than a fuzzy navel. Damn I need one after seeing that shit.

Lotta fun reading your review Earl...in addition to the setlist and stage props going back in time, the light show also moved in reverse chronology. HD wasn't widely used in the Vapor Trails era, so we would expect to see the OLV dragon in HD!

Hahaha! Thanks Gabriel! Good point! You got me!

Cheers and RUSH ON!!!!!

Gabriel, I see you are creeping up to 2112 posts! :popcorn:

Thanks Lorraine, and yes I am a creep, in the spirit of Radiohead! I actually didn't know I passed 2k, because I am usually on the mobile site. So I'll have to do a two for one here.

Wow so there is set A set B and set C. I saw set C. So my odds of seeing set A and B in LA aren't very good. You would think that set C would be the LA Forum. Just running the numbers I mean letters in my head.

They actually just started going in reverse in the last week, perhaps a reverse chronology gag, C B A. There are actually "special" versions of the setlists, D E F G...with their "special" song for this tour...LA will probably get one of those or perhaps H, a special new one for the last show on the last tour (of this magnitude ;) )

Tread carefully, we're in the spoiler thread, so all setlist mayhem is being discussed in detail!

• Like 2