Let's make some noise for tomorrow's show here in Vegas!!!!

anthem74

So I have watched the Periscope feeds of the shows and the crowds have been good, making noise for the band but taking into consideration the fact that we may not see the band again, I noticed there has not been any sort of send off chant to the band. For example, in the world of pro wrestling, fans may chant their thanks or a farewell to retiring stars and I thought for the Vegas show that this would be cool to do as a send off to Rush. Something like "THANK YOU RU-USH!" followed by a double clap then triple clap (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap). I was thinking either as soon as Ged greets us or before they go to intermission since they bolt after the show. It would be a great surprise for the band I'm sure.

Anyone going to the Vegas show down to try this? Let's light up the MGM Grand with a great send off! Let your friends know! Make some noise!

Edited by anthem74
  • Like 2

LET'S GO LIFESON ...clap,clap..clap,clap,clap....LET'S GO LIFESON

• Like 4

Or thank you Alex/Ged/Neil (in respective solo spots), clap-clap, clap-clap-clap. You got the idea, Disembodied.

Here's an example of that cheer, skip to 4:50 during Edge's speech. https://youtu.be/W0cL6W1Dan8

Edited by anthem74
  • Like 1

We can do it! I will also be scoping from Geddy's side in section A.
  • Like 1

Or thank you Alex/Ged/Neil (in respective solo spots), clap-clap, clap-clap-clap. You got the idea, Disembodied.

Here's an example of that cheer, skip to 4:50 during Edge's speech. https://youtu.be/W0cL6W1Dan8

There's a big difference between pro wrestling fans and Rush fans and how they react to things. The fans chanted that for Edge because he was announcing his retirement. Rush hasn't announced any retirement, so there's no need to do a chant like that. This isn't the end for Rush like it was for Edge. Rush will still be around and active, they will just be scaling the touring back very heavily.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Envy? Yes-yes I believe that is the word I'm looking for.

I know, but happy too that others have the opportunity and the means to be there.

I hope they have the time of their life! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

• Like 1

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas - but I hope you guys blow the roof off that place so that it lands in Lake Mead or something...

Enjoy the show folks. You are in for a treat.

LET'S GO LIFESON ...blah,blah..bla,bla,bla....LET'S GO LIFESON

Fixed that for ya'. ;)

• Like 1

There's a big difference between pro wrestling fans and Rush fans and how they react to things. The fans chanted that for Edge because he was announcing his retirement. Rush hasn't announced any retirement, so there's no need to do a chant like that. This isn't the end for Rush like it was for Edge. Rush will still be around and active, they will just be scaling the touring back very heavily.

But the continued touring is not guaranteed even if they said they're scaling back. I also did say this may be the last time we see the band and for some, that may very well be, especially if they in fact continue to tour but cut touring in certain markets altogether. If they keep touring and don't retire yet then that's great, we can cheer thank you to Rush just because we can and what's wrong with that?

But the continued touring is not guaranteed even if they said they're scaling back. I also did say this may be the last time we see the band and for some, that may very well be, especially if they in fact continue to tour but cut touring in certain markets altogether. If they keep touring and don't retire yet then that's great, we can cheer thank you to Rush just because we can and what's wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with that. I just might be tough to get a chant like that going with how loud the music is. Your best bet is to try it before the show starts, at intermission or the end of the show. It would be cool if it happened.

You ought to sing what someone here suggested everyone sing before the tour began. It's kind of sad, but it would be a real moment if you would get most to sing The Sphere from the end of Hemispheres. Maybe even Geddy would come out and sing along! :)

We can walk our road together

If our goals are all the same

We can run alone and free

If we pursue a different aim

Let the truth of love be lighted

Let the love of truth shine clear

Sensibility

Armed with sense and liberty

With the Heart and Mind united

In a single perfect sphere

Edited by Lorraine

You ought to sing what someone here suggested everyone sing before the tour began. It's kind of sad, but it would be a real moment if you would get most to sing The Sphere from the end of Hemispheres. Maybe even Geddy would come out and sing along! :)

Sensibility

Cool idea but you would be counting on a lot of the people at the show knowing it. Unfortunately, most people who attend the shows don't know anything besides the big hits.

Sensibility

Cool idea but you would be counting on a lot of the people at the show knowing it. Unfortunately, most people who attend the shows don't know anything besides the big hits.

Are you serious? Why would anyone that had such an elementary knowledge of Rush songs waste hundreds of dollars to go see them in concert? I would think the arenas would be full of TrueRushFans™!

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Sensibility

Are you serious? Why would anyone that had such an elementary knowledge of Rush songs waste hundreds of dollars to go see them in concert? I would think the arenas would be full of TrueRushFans™!

Yes, I'm serious. I would venture a guess that maybe a quarter of the audience at each show are diehards who know everything. The rest of the people in attendance are clueless beyond the big hits and a few of the more popular albums.

This is the case for all arena bands. Most people are there to "hear those songs they know from the radio " and that's it. As to why they spend so much money on tickets? They got the money to burn and they want to have a fun night out seeing a band who's name they recognize.

• Like 2

Sensibility

Yes, I'm serious. I would venture a guess that maybe a quarter of the audience at each show are diehards who know everything. The rest of the people in attendance are clueless beyond the big hits and a few of the more popular albums.

This is the case for all arena bands. Most people are there to "hear those songs they know from the radio " and that's it. As to why they spend so much money on tickets? They got the money to burn and they want to have a fun night out seeing a band who's name they recognize.

I think its a mix of folks,

A lot of parents who know all of the tunes and there kids who have been educated about the band. I had a big smile on my face at the Portland show. So many young fans. :D