Does anyone like (spoiler) live?

DirkPrattLerxst

I got it both times I saw them and really enjoyed it. Geddy's bass is really cool looking and I enjoyed Alex's playing more than the studio version. The main riff really came to life for me hearing it live.
  • Like 2

I got it both times I saw them and really enjoyed it. Geddy's bass is really cool looking and I enjoyed Alex's playing more than the studio version. The main riff really came to life for me hearing it live.

Geddy also changed up the bass line for it on this tour and I think that's also an improvement.

Edited by DirkPrattLerxst
  • Like 1

It's one of my least favorite songs on the album but when I saw it live it wasn't awful. I didn't mind it. I enjoyed it but compared to the rest of the set it was the worst. But that's only because so many of the other songs are so damn great. And if out of all the shows I've seen is the closest to a piss-break song for me, that's pretty damn good on them Edited by Union 5-3992

Geddy also changed up the bass line for it on this tour and I think that's also an improvement.

Oh ok, thanks for mentioning that. I knew it something sounded different with it but couldn't figure it out.

I'm glad I got it over OLV in Buffalo. OLV lacks the power live that it has on the studio version. All of the transitions in tempo and guitar effects are awkward, if that makes sense. How It Is was a nice treat since they hadn't played it before this tour, and it was nice that they all added a little extra here and there that isn't on the studio version.

How It Is is just a filler song to me. Not a song I care for at all.

I agree they could've done something deeper from VT like the title track.

Yeah I like that one much more.

I never liked the song on the album.

Seeing it live was an entirely different story. They did a really nice presentation of it. Liked it a lot.

• Like 2

It's one of my least favorite songs on the album but when I saw it live it wasn't awful. I didn't mind it. I enjoyed it but compared to the rest of the set it was the worst. But that's only because so many of the other songs are so damn great. And if out of all the shows I've seen is the closest to a piss-break song for me, that's pretty damn good on them

Agreed!!!!! It's ok live, but I also would've rather seen the title track or Freeze or even Out of the Cradle.

It's one of my least favorite songs on the album but when I saw it live it wasn't awful. I didn't mind it. I enjoyed it but compared to the rest of the set it was the worst. But that's only because so many of the other songs are so damn great. And if out of all the shows I've seen is the closest to a piss-break song for me, that's pretty damn good on them

Agreed!!!!! It's ok live, but I also would've rather seen the title track or Freeze or even Out of the Cradle.

JUJOJ.gif

• Like 2

How It Is is just a filler song to me. Not a song I care for at all.

I will concur with this. I can think of at least 3 other songs from VT that would have been a pleasure to hear. Oh well.

• Like 1

I think is sounds ok live. However, I think there are much better unplayed songs on that Album. Specifically, Vapor Trail, Freeze and the new version of Ceiling Unlimited. Just to mention a few. Personally OLV is so way above this song I find it difficult to replace one with the other. Now Secret Touch, there's a replacement. :finbar: . Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it a great deal. I was really hoping for some unplayed VT tracks this tour. Admittedly, I would have liked it if the A/B/C rotation were this, Vapor Trail, and Peacible Kingdom even more.

Nonetheless, How It Is was just fine for me. Love the 12-string PRS Alex is using for it, gives Neil a chance to play with more feel, and Geddy's killing it on vocals and bass.

I would have loved to see Ceiling Unlimited or even Ghost Rider, but How It Is wasn't that bad

I think its cool they are playing. It just never really liked it.

GR would have been better. CU they played on the VT tour but it didn't really work live.