The Body Electric

Lock And Key

I understand it isn't for everyone but it is the album that got me hooked on Rush and I learned to love the older tunes because of GUP. Love the bass line and when I listen to it, I get the chorus stuck in my head for hours. :D

This era is what I was exposed to first. I enjoy the album immensely, though it's not in my rotation at the moment. I'll be revisiting it soon. A bit dark to "enjoy". The song? Good song. Can think of many others on Grace Under Pressure that blow it away

I wonder if Peart was thinking about emulating something mechancial with that drum intro, like factory robotics or something. There's something persistent and vaguely martial about it, too. Android-martial?

I wonder if Peart was thinking about emulating something mechancial with that drum intro, like factory robotics or something. There's something persistent and vaguely martial about it, too. Android-martial?

Yeah I think that was the idea. It reminds me of a lumbering metallic robot.

Can either one or both of you think of another Rush song he did the same?

Mystic Rhythm.

You are right! How could I have forgotten that one?

The video harkens back to THX1138. The concept, and the lens used for the last shot of the sunset.

The video harkens back to THX1138. The concept, and the lens used for the last shot of the sunset.

That was a movie with all build up and nothing to show for it.

It was ahead of it's time. The short was amazing for a film school production

Mystic Rhythm.

Oh okay, I wasn't sure what was meant by that. The accented drum hits at the beginning with lots of reverb.

I remember watching it and thinking, is that all? He gets out and it ends? What a let down.

• Like 1

I remember watching it and thinking, is that all? He gets out and it ends? What a let down.

Not a very nip and tuck American way to end a film...which was the point.
  • Like 1

Well it just seemed like it was building to his getting out and what would happen afterwards, but the entire thing seemed cut off too soon. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Well it just seemed like it was building to his getting out and what would happen afterwards, but the entire thing seemed cut off too soon. Just my opinion.

The end shot against the sun is just magnificent.

http://media.tumblr.com/4271862cc6b1ed1bd5b832864316746b/tumblr_inline_ml9u4ybXKQ1qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

The body electric brings me back to a place in time, mid eighties, my son was 3 at the time, life was good. It will forever have a special memory in my life, besides that it is a really cool song, from a great album. :rush:
  • Like 5

I thought it was brilliant.
  • Like 1

^^^This guy...I like this guy
  • Like 1

http://media.tumblr.com/4271862cc6b1ed1bd5b832864316746b/tumblr_inline_ml9u4ybXKQ1qz4rgp.jpg

Thanks for ruining the ending...hello spoiler alert!

• Like 1

Thanks for ruining the ending...hello spoiler alert!

:LOL: Like, how old is this movie anyway?

• Like 1

^^^This guy...I like this guy

De Niro, is that you?

• Like 1

I love the Body Electric....always have ...it signified a rebellion of sorts towards their old sound ( love all eras btw...others did not back then)....

Lyrics are great..

Watch the movie "ExMachina"...great film....

Then throw on the body electric afterwards...

Sublime.....

Edited by JBsDWdrums

I understand it isn't for everyone but it is the album that got me hooked on Rush and I learned to love the older tunes because of GUP. Love the bass line and when I listen to it, I get the chorus stuck in my head for hours. :D

I'm with you there. Distant Early Warning really got me hooked on Rush. I like TBE and that whole album. How much of that is sentimentality, I have no idea.

• Like 1

I'm with you there. Distant Early Warning really got me hooked on Rush. I like TBE and that whole album. How much of that is sentimentality, I have no idea.

P/G was the third 80's Rush album I really got into after PeW and MP. Nice when you like 100% of the tracks on an album.

• Like 2

I have been listening to Grace Inder Pressure this week in my car, and for the first time I'm noticing how incredible the bottom end sounds on this album. Cranked, the songs' bass notes made my chest vibrate. It really is a great sounding record. Love it! Edited by goose
  • Like 3

Me too - more so than TS.

Love love love TBE too. Think I'll give the album a good listen to today. :)

• Like 1

What do you mean by the same?

When he hits the drum like that. It's really pretty much throughout the song.

Maybe the way the song was recorded has a lot to do with the sound too. It is so crisp and sharp.

Yea...they recorded it back when they cared about production quality.

• Like 1

What do you mean by the same?

When he hits the drum like that. It's really pretty much throughout the song.

Maybe the way the song was recorded has a lot to do with the sound too. It is so crisp and sharp.

Yea...they recorded it back when they cared about production quality.

It had a great sound. Crisp, clear high end with a resounding bass presence. Alex's playing is more up front than on Signals, as well, which is an improvement for my ears.
  • Like 2

I've never seen anyone criticize TBE. Grace Under Pressure, especially this song, was what really got me into Rush. Brilliant piece of music!

Today is officially P/G Lovefest Day! :cheers:

No h8ters. :LOL:

• Like 4