The Body Electric

Lock And Key

Saw some posts on here where this number has been heavily criticised? I personally think this is a brilliant piece of work highly technical like the weapon a true reflection of the electro age which Rush embraced so brilliantly whilst keeping their Rock identity. This song has everything, powerful thumping percussion that is the backbone of the track, Geddy bellows out an almost eerie robotic tone to capture the atmosphere of the song and to top it off one of Alex's trademark wonderfully creative guitar solos, how can anyone not like this? www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpMJDj4pXNM
  • Like 3

The lyrics ruin it for me personally. Just stupid. Also i'm not one the vibe on the whole album in general. to police-y and ultravox-y for my tastes.

that's just me though.

Mick

I felt a little like this as well back in 80s. I don't think I was ready for Rush to embrace new music styles and evolve. I would have been happy with an album full of "Xanadus" and "The Spirit of Radios". As time has gone on, however, I've come to appreciate most of their 80s work, including this song, and the album it came from.

Clem

• Like 2

The lyrics ruin it for me personally. Just stupid. Also i'm not one the vibe on the whole album in general.

To this day GUP is one of my least liked albums, certainly of the Synth Era. I agree completely aboot the lyrics.

• Like 2

The lyrics ruin it for me personally. Just stupid. Also i'm not one the vibe on the whole album in general.

To this day GUP is one of my least liked albums, certainly of the Synth Era. I agree completely aboot the lyrics.

oh i found someone else who doesn't like p/g, lol. it seems fawned over on here. Anyway, I like every other record in the 80's but this one. it's an oddity. and yes. a bunch of the tunes on here are just......dumb. I've tried.....man just not for me. it's one of 2 Rush albums that i don't like a single song actually.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

We just had a thread about this song recently.

Define recently? I think it was just yesterday or it seemed so anyway... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Amazing song, one of their all-time best. It's a great example of Rush maintaining their prog roots while still charging forward into 80s territory. Absolutely stellar musicianship and songwriting
  • Like 4

I lost my mind when they played it on the CA tour

Just curious...did you ever find it again?

I often ask myself the same question
  • Like 3