San Jose Periscope Thread - July 23, 2015

234 replies to this topic

#221 Unattractive Truth

Unattractive Truth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

Here are a few shots on our crappy iPhone from the San Jose show. We were in the 5th row on Alex's side, but Geddy came over to say hello!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sponsored Post

#222 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3899 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Seems like you guys got a great real-time show last night (Up to Prelude so far myself.)

Sorry to have missed it.

#223 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:34 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 24 July 2015 - 06:01 PM, said:

View Postytserush, on 24 July 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostAttttui, on 23 July 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

I don't know what it is, maybe the energy of the performance, or the video, but in my opinion Roll the Bones is far better this tour than ever. One of the highlights of the first set

Same as it ever was for me. Don't understand why it's being noticed on this tour all of a sudden. Does the video change the music?

The absence of Lifeson's lead playing during that rap thing is noticeable . . . but maybe they're hoping people will be entertained enough by the celebrity Rush fans not to notice.

See for example

Sounds MUCH better without the guitar during the rap.  IMO.

#224 calirush

calirush

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:Rush,family,bass, occasionally even bowling. By the way did I mention Rush?

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostAttttui, on 23 July 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

I don't know what it is, maybe the energy of the performance, or the video, but in my opinion Roll the Bones is far better this tour than ever. One of the highlights of the first set

We were rocking and singing last night. It's the first time I've seen it live.

#225 Unattractive Truth

Unattractive Truth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

A lot of us at the show last night were talking about how good Roll the Bones sounded. I'm not a big fan of that song, but they killed it last night, that's for sure.

#226 calirush

calirush

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:Rush,family,bass, occasionally even bowling. By the way did I mention Rush?

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PostUnattractive Truth, on 24 July 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

A lot of us at the show last night were talking about how good Roll the Bones sounded. I'm not a big fan of that song, but they killed it last night, that's for sure.

I've always like the song but it was on another level last night. I was wondering if it was just me but it's nice to know others felt the same way.

#227 Unattractive Truth

Unattractive Truth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

View Postcalirush, on 24 July 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

I've always like the song but it was on another level last night. I was wondering if it was just me but it's nice to know others felt the same way.

We sure did. There were 9 of us together last night and I think everyone agreed it was "on another level".

#228 Perchance to Dream

Perchance to Dream

The Seeker

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Where do I start?

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

Is that a picture of yourself in your avatar?  You look a lot like the guy that had a f***ed up room key (like all of us on the 8th floor) across the hall from me at the hotel.  Did you stay at the De Anza last night in San Jose?  U.S. Navy ball cap?

#229 calirush

calirush

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 863 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

View PostPerchance to Dream, on 24 July 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Is that a picture of yourself in your avatar?  You look a lot like the guy that had a f***ed up room key (like all of us on the 8th floor) across the hall from me at the hotel.  Did you stay at the De Anza last night in San Jose?  U.S. Navy ball cap?

No I drove home after the show and I have a lot less hair now lol.

#230 Perchance to Dream

Perchance to Dream

The Seeker

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

View Postcalirush, on 24 July 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

:lol:

Understood.  I was wearing my vodka goggles last night. (I blame that Unattractive Truth feller.)  That being said, the resemblance is uncanny.

#231 calirush

calirush

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 863 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostPerchance to Dream, on 24 July 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

View Postcalirush, on 24 July 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

Understood.  I was wearing my vodka goggles last night. (I blame that Unattractive Truth feller.)  That being said, the resemblance is uncanny.

According to my son I'm looking more like Billy Joel and I'm not taking that as a compliment. :codger:

#232 Unattractive Truth

Unattractive Truth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Understood.  I was wearing my vodka goggles last night. (I blame that Unattractive Truth feller.)  

LIES!!!!!

#233 Perchance to Dream

Perchance to Dream

The Seeker

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostUnattractive Truth, on 25 July 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Understood.  I was wearing my vodka goggles last night. (I blame that Unattractive Truth feller.)  

LIES!!!!!
Please...you forced me to drink those martinis!  Then you passed several beers, that you purchased, my way during the second set. I have multiple witnesses for cryin' out loud!!!!

YOUR DENIAL IS PATHETIC!!!!

#234 Ardent15

Ardent15

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

Ged's voice sounded great Thursday night! Such an improvement from when I saw them on the Clockwork Angels tour....especially on a song like Subdivisions.

#235 Perchance to Dream

Perchance to Dream

The Seeker

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

View PostArdent15, on 26 July 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Ged's voice sounded great Thursday night! Such an improvement from when I saw them on the Clockwork Angels tour....especially on a song like Subdivisions.
Agreed.  His vocals were much better than the last few tours.

He backed off and played bass during Anthem when he knew that he couldn't hit the note.

"The wonders of the..." bass guitar instead of singing the word "world".

Then he blew me away because he nailed the next line.

"The wonders of the world they wrouuuuuuuuught!!! "

I was stunned!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users