Could Rush Have Done Any More For Their Fans? (Spoiler Forum)

Lorraine

This tour is their love letter. No doubt for mentheyvhave outdone themselves with this show.

This is truly for every Tush fan, young and old.

I have to admit, I'm a Tush fan! Sorry, man . . . I know r is right beside t!

And I agree with your post.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, I think they gave us plenty by just giving us the music. They didn't really owe us anything else so whatever else we've gotten has just been icing on the cake.

That's true, they really did go all out for the fans this tour in terms of what the fans wanted to hear rather than what they wanted to play.

Just to be able to watch a live show on the Internet via Periscope is amazing to me.

Agreed. How cool is it that we've seen most of every show this tour? It's been amazing. The camaraderie developed during those shows has been a great, organic development as well.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 4

This tour is their love letter. No doubt for mentheyvhave outdone themselves with this show.

If he made a typo and wasn't joking, I think he ought to leave his post the way it is.

:)

The more I think about it, I think they gave us plenty by just giving us the music. They didn't really owe us anything else so whatever else we've gotten has just been icing on the cake.

That's true, they really did go all out for the fans this tour in terms of what the fans wanted to hear rather than what they wanted to play.

Just to be able to watch a live show on the Internet via Periscope is amazing to me.

Agreed. How cool is it that we've seen most of every show this tour? It's been amazing. The camaraderie developed during those shows has been a great, organic development as well.

Tombstone Mountain, hmmmm, name sounds very familiar.

• Like 3

Speaking of which, are they playing tonight? I don't see a periscope thread started yet.

Won't be in concert until tomorrow in Vegas. My friends are going to be there, lucky :P

• Like 1

I think Rush has been so appreciative of their fans, I can't think of any other band who thinks of their fans with such affection. If they could do another leg of R40 that would be wonderful but I am thankful for all that they have done and entertained us so well. They are a class act.

p.s. did you know there is a limit of how many likes you can post here? guess I just met mine today :o

• Like 4

If he made a typo and wasn't joking, I think he ought to leave his post the way it is.

:)

Going to leave it. Why not. I started early on the heavy partying here in Vegas.

Just in time for possibly there best Tour ever! It hard to believe it can all come to an end in LA. Enjoy that show Los Angelinos!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 4

They've done enough just by doing these Evening With tours and giving everything they have on every show. They also try to break out rare songs every tour. I wish it were easier to meet them but that's just a minor selfish complaint.
  • Like 1

No. They've given me more than my moneys worth on every tour, including this one.

One cool thing about this show is my girlfriend fell in love with "what you're doing" so on the way home from Vegas we listened ATWAS in its entirety. She had never really heard it before and absolutely loved it :)

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 2

Yes they could have. Unedited shows from the vault. They have them and people want to hear them.

\

LOL, this guy.

Maybe you should ask for a personal concert in your backyard while you're at it. :)

Yes they could have. Unedited shows from the vault. They have them and people want to hear them.

Why don't you put your name on the bootleg vine? All the unedited shows you could ever want. Many are actually better than anything officially released.

Yes, they could come to Europe one last time! And then I am happy!

I mean come on... this is a 40 anniversary tour! They should come to Europe one last time...

• Like 2

Why don't you put your name on the bootleg vine? All the unedited shows you could ever want. Many are actually better than anything officially released.

I have a lot of it. If its a soundboard I probably have it. I was tape trading since about 96 and cdr trading when it started in about 98 until the early aughts. Then since 2011 I was downloading FLACs. So...i have a lot. :)

• Like 1

Hi Zumbi - have you seen this month's Classic Rock? There's a long interview with Alex and Geddy and at the start of Geddy's section it says:

"These days it's Lee who is driving Rush forward. He wants to tour more. If he gets his way, the band will return to the UK and mainland Europe in 2016. Whatever happens next, he says, will be dependent on how the other guys are feeling after the US tour: "If everyone's really digging it, the way I think we will, then we might carry on."

There is hope!!!

Do you think they could have done more for you?

No way. This band represents everything that is good about Rock & Roll: A commitment to musical creativity (even if some works don't please everyone), unparalled musicianship, playing until they're physically exhausted, tolerating us geeky fans and our incessant demands......

All I could ever say to the Boys is THANK YOU.

• Like 2

The only thing I could have asked for is a bit more flexibility in their live setlists, especially during the mid 1980's. Tours like GUP and PW had virtually no 70s music for only being a few years removed from that decade.

That may have had to do with Neil's attitude towards anything Rush did before Moving Pictures.

Not saying it's a fact, but it could be the reason why.