Could Rush Have Done Any More For Their Fans? (Spoiler Forum)

Lorraine

Sometimes I think not enough considering a lot of the bitching I see here.

Are you bitching about that?

I'll bitch about the forum, but not the band.

Yeah, I know you're bitching about the forum. Bitching about bitching.

And now you're bitching about my bitching about bitching, and I'm bitching about that

Sometimes I think not enough considering a lot of the bitching I see here.

Are you bitching about that?

I'll bitch about the forum, but not the band.

Yeah, I know you're bitching about the forum. Bitching about bitching.

And now you're bitching about my bitching about bitching, and I'm bitching about that

:o

I've only got ONE complaint, and it's that they dropped the awesome melodic riff in the outro of Xanadu that Geddy played on guitar for the R~40 version...ESPECIALLY because it was not captured on the ESL video, dammit!

Other than that, I have nothing to complain about. :)

• Like 1

Well, they could've made all R40 tickets available here first for TRF members after scouring the internet to find their smartest, coolest and most loyal fans. But they didn't. Jerks. :P
  • Like 3

I've only got ONE complaint, and it's that they dropped the awesome melodic riff in the outro of Xanadu that Geddy played on guitar for the R~40 version...ESPECIALLY because it was not captured on the ESL video, dammit!

I wondered why they didn't do it myself since they were doing the whole song. EagleMoon (I think it was her) said that it's hard to play. Maybe Alex was afraid he couldn't do it on account of his fingers being not so deft anymore, so they just left it out

• Like 1

Well, they could've made all R40 tickets available here first for TRF members after scouring the internet to find their smartest, coolest and most loyal fans. But they didn't. Jerks. :P

i think we brought that up on here when tickets were going on sale. :LOL:

I agree. That would have been nice, but I don't think that Rush has any say in the matter.

They could of given us some of this soup...

http://www.egotripland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/head-rush-alphabet-soup.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/its_a_rush_thing_zazzlesoupmug-reb428f9db63243bc92ef7e8fafd507d9_zxpv6_324.jpg?rlvnet=1

• Like 1

I wondered why they didn't do it myself since they were doing the whole song. EagleMoon (I think it was her) said that it's hard to play. Maybe Alex was afraid he couldn't do it on account of his fingers being not so deft anymore, so they just left it out

Well, Lifeson just needs to hold down a single chord while Lee plays the melody - that's how it was done before. It is odd that it's left out - all 15 seconds or whatever.

The outro? I thought they DID play it?

They did, just not the final 16 measures from ESL, where Geddy does his little ditty Edited by Tombstone Mountain

They did, just not the final 16 measures from ESL, where Geddy does his little ditty

I'll have to listen to the ESL version. I didn't even notice.

They did, just not the final 16 measures from ESL, where Geddy does his little ditty

:o Didn't notice??? :o

• Like 1

No, 40+ years, I don't care what they do now.

When Neil's wife and daughter died, everyone thought it was the end for Rush, and i bet they didn't mind also, it was still a good run.

He came back for the fans and still kicking ass. They have done way too much for us and I'm grateful for that.

Even with all the pain Alex and Neil have, they still do it for the fans

Oh yeah,

:goodone:

• Like 1

I don't listen to ESL that much.

Surprised she didn't...she notices everything right? Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Surprised whe didn't...she notices everything right?

I'm laughing because I know what you are talking about. It's true. :LOL:

But anyone who has listened to them enough to have the music burned into their brains would notice it as well. I would think. But maybe it's just me.

Surprised whe didn't...she notices everything right?

I'm laughing because I know what you are talking about. It's true. :LOL:

But anyone who has listened to them enough to have the music burned into their brains would notice it as well. I would think. But maybe it's just me.

The one thing that stuck out to me was leaving off the minor chords at the end of Cygnus X-1. I think that was a mistake. As far as Xanadu, I hear what part you're talking about, but maybe they didn't want to add more bells to Neil's kit or something.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

The one thing that stuck out to me was leaving off the minor chords at the end of Cygnus X-1. I think that was a mistake.

Yeah - another 10 seconds or so - those chords are so distinctive.

• Like 1

They sample plenty of vocals on their modern tracks live yet Cygnus x1 completely vocal free. A background sampled spinning whirling still descending of the original vocal would have been way awesome.

That and more NYC shows over the years ;) Maximum demand meeting maximum supply.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, I think they gave us plenty by just giving us the music. They didn't really owe us anything else so whatever else we've gotten has just been icing on the cake.
  • Like 2

The more I think about it, I think they gave us plenty by just giving us the music. They didn't really owe us anything else so whatever else we've gotten has just been icing on the cake.

That's true, they really did go all out for the fans this tour in terms of what the fans wanted to hear rather than what they wanted to play.

• Like 3

I think Rush has done so much for their fans over the years, even above and beyond creating amazing music.

As far as this tour, it is perfect. Absolutely perfect. They could not have done it any better. If I hadn't known better I would have thought they read my mind in order to make up large parts of the setlist as well :D

Thank you, guys.

• Like 3

That's true, they really did go all out for the fans this tour in terms of what the fans wanted to hear rather than what they wanted to play.

I think of all the years before the Internet that I knew very little about them. It's not like today where their faces are plastered all over websites and magazines. Their music stood on its own. Just think how far we've come in the last 40 years. Just to be able to watch a live show on the Internet via Periscope is amazing to me.

• Like 3

This tour is their love letter. No doubt for mentheyvhave outdone themselves with this show.

This is truly for every Tush fan, young and old.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 3