Eddie Trunk Podcast With Alex - Spoilers Doesn't Describe The Amount Of Spoilers

Bhawk2112

We learned that they rehearsed Something For Nothing...

Alex says that DVD should be out around the holidays. He also says the arthritis doesn't really hold him back, and that it isn't why he makes mistakes. He says he wishes he never mentioned it in the first place. He says the tour isn't the end of the band.

Also, R40 as a tour ends in LA. The future of RŒSH as a touring band is still in question. Alex is continuing to entertain his idea of doing a few shows in a single venue, but he says he doesn't want to do Vegas. He also stated that he has been writing new material in the past couple years, so they may entertain that idea.

Edited by DistantEarlySignals

Interesting interview. He talks about a lot of the stuff we've discussed here. You can skip to the halfway point in the podcast if you don't want to hear anything else Eddie says. That's when Alex comes on.

So he says it's not the end of the band even though there are no live shows in the foreseeable future and no idea if they'll ever record anything again? Sounds like Ged and Al would like to continue, but it'll all hinge on whether Neil gets bored at home and calls them up saying he wants to do something. Not very promising. Good news though that they're aiming to get the tour video out by the end of the year.

Headlong Flight is 90s Rush? I love that Eddie loves Rush, but he doesn't seem to know much about them.

That's the only thing that he messed up that I noticed.

If Alex's feet are where it hurts him most, he could just sit shows out. He wouldn't be the first....

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/robertfripp/wintergarden/1.jpg

Do you want Alex to play in the shadows in the back of the stage like Mr. Fripp?

After listening to this interview of Alex with Trunk, it sure looks like Alex has a lot of writing projects going on in solo, with the band or with others musicians, he says that he would like to do a acoustic album. If the only thing that Neil doesn't enjoy as much as Alex and Geddy is touring, i don't see why the band can't produce others albums.
  • Like 2

Glad to see Alex said the Arthritis is NOT The reason for his mistakes... Reading some posts here, you'd think they carry him out on a stretcher after every solo.... :P

That means he's just being sloppy. There will be no excuses now! :LOL:

• Like 5

After listening to this interview of Alex with Trunk, it sure looks like Alex has a lot of writing projects going on in solo, with the band or with others musicians, he says that he would like to do a acoustic album. If the only thing that Neil doesn't enjoy as much as Alex and Geddy is touring, i don't see why the band can't produce others albums.

If you meant "other albums" and not "others albums", that's the way I see it. With the way recording is today, Neil wouldn't even need to leave his house to make a new record.

Headlong Flight is 90s Rush? I love that Eddie loves Rush, but he doesn't seem to know much about them.

Not so much a mess up, but his inability to think of any of the different set pieces over the years was awkward.

• Like 1

I wish that you were so forgiving with Alex.

• Like 2

Well from what I heard it's Neil's tendinitis in his arm that is mostly holding them back. Geddy can still sing really well for his age, and well Alex seems fine.

• Like 2

Forgiving? Not sure what you mean?

Interesting interview. He talks about a lot of the stuff we've discussed here. You can skip to the halfway point in the podcast if you don't want to hear anything else Eddie says. That's when Alex comes on.

Ugh Trunk is an insufferable bore. Why waste half the podcast with his own schtick?

Ugh Trunk is an insufferable bore. Why waste half the podcast with his own schtick?

He does talk about the band quite a bit in there but the first few minutes are kind of advertising.

He just wants to thank his sponsors. Nothing wrong with that. Cool interview though. Nice to hear his arthritis isn't a big issue.

Yeah I thought the part where he said he was kind of sorry that he had mentioned it before the tour. I can get that. Everyone was so concerned for him.