Won a meet and greet for the Irvine show and need some suggestions

jamster1111

I can't believe it but I won a meet and greet for the show in Irvine! As many of you probably know, it allows me to bring one other person. However, I'm going to the show with 2 other people. I asked and I can't bring 2 people, just one other person. What do you think I should do? Should I have them flip a coin or answer some trivia to win the spot or should just tell both of them I only won it? For the first option, whoever doesn't win it will feel really left out. If I tell them only I won it they, at least there won't be just one of them feeling left out. What do you think?

Also, do you know if we are allowed to have someone else take a picture of us with our phone in addition to the professional photo. I just want the photo right away and don't wanna to have to wait to see (and maybe buy) it online. I'm guessing these things are extremely rushed and they're more of a "take a quick picture for a second" than a "meet and greet".

Thanks

I know your pain, I had the same situation happen a few years ago. I had to choose 1 out of three, nephew, 2 best friends. I took the nephew, as to not piss off only one friend. I wanted to coin flip with my friends, but family pressure to take the nephew won out. We did not have the opportunity to take extra pictures, there were a lot of people in line. Our picture taking experience lasted about 15 seconds, Alex commented he loved my license plate, hand shake, two pictures and we were gone. I would coin flip between your friends, about the only fair way. Good Luck.
  • Like 1

I would tell them the situation and ask them who should go. One might honestly respect that the other one would appreciate the experience more. If they have equal levels of love for the band, go with a coin flip.

Do not lie. It is rarely the right choice to any problem.

• Like 5

Signed up for a contest on the official website and then got an email about a week ago that I won. I wonder how many people win these things for each show

How did you win? I'm going to Irvine as well. Was it a radio station contest. The correct answer is let the other 2 go instead of you. Good Karma. Although I don't think I could do that. :)

Similar situation.

In 1992, In Indianapolis, I won two front row tickets with backstage meet and greets for after the show. I was with two friends on the lawn when the tickets were given away. (Some kind of canned food drive promotion). Although I had to choose which friend would accompany me to the front row, they allowed all three of us to come back to meet Alex and Geddy for autographs and pictures. I was the "Grand Prize Winner" so they separated us from the radio station winners. About 30 minutes after the show ended, Alex and Geddy came in and walked over to us. I was wearing a Ren and Stimpy t-shirt and Alex pointed to it and said "What eeez it man?" in the accent of Ren. We chatted for about 5 minutes and they signed two Roll The Bones posters and posed for two pictures with us. Then they moved on to the radio winners. It was pretty laid back, but that was 1992. Sounds like it is much more regimented now and done before the show starts.

Edited by mandydog

I would tell them the situation and ask them who should go. One might honestly respect that the other one would appreciate the experience more. If they have equal levels of love for the band, go with a coin flip.

Do not lie. It is rarely the right choice to any problem.

That should be fair. I was once at a meet and greet for a Metal band I like, not huge, but have been a fan for a long time. I was with a friend who is another longtime fan. We were chatting with 2 other guys and 1 of them was just there as a tag along, he hardly knew any of the music of the band, and couldn't state any of the band members names. I'm sure we weren't the only people in the group that was wondering why the hell this guy was here, surely there is plenty of other people that would be thrilled to be in his shows.

With me, the choice was fairly simple. The girl in the picture is my cousin and I was not going to leave her back on the lawn by herself. But they did let my other friend come to the meet and greet/autographs after the show anyway. Management was much cooler back then, I guess.