R40 Leg 2

losingit2k

I could not have asked for a better ending. The last two tours were magnanimous!!!!

Simply brilliant set lists.

If it's over.....it's over. They went 40 freaking years.

40!!!!!!!

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

Yeah I agree. We've had 40 years of music. What other band has given us so much enjoyment for long?

I don't think the fact that he wanted to retire is what is upsetting. It's the manner in which he orchestrated his exit. In many people's opinions, the class thing to do would have been to tough it out for only 3 more months, like the whole organization wanted to. In the grand scheme of things, 3 months is a very short amount of time. It would have changed the whole tone of the tour behind the scenes, and would have eliminated all of the hard feelings it created among the 3 of them. Well, 2 of them, anyway.

Now I ask you, considering that it meant so much to not only G&A, but the whole Rush organization, AND the fans, would it have killed Neil to delay his retirement by 90 days?

Why are you always so down on Neil? If anyone is stirring the pot, it's you.

I have mixed feelings over this. It would have been nice to give us Europeans a propper goodbye. Maybe we even deserved it. We stucked with them through the years and even after their 12 year hiatus we gave them a warm welcome back in 2004 with many sold out shows around Europe.

The NA-fans must have a blast experiencing the R40-tour. Seeing the tour on YouTube became a daily job for me, but at the same time made me sad when it became clear that there wasn't gonna be a European leg (I could't afford to go over the pond). It would have been a nice closure for all of us.

If the band decides that this is the end of the road, so be it. I don't think dat we can't blame anyone for this. They are in their sixties and if one of them is done touring we'll have to accept it.

No hard feelings from me here.

But being a diehard fan since 1977 I would have enjoyed the R40 show so much...

• Like 4

Yeah I agree. We've had 40 years of music. What other band has given us so much enjoyment for long?

I don't think the fact that he wanted to retire is what is upsetting. It's the manner in which he orchestrated his exit. In many people's opinions, the class thing to do would have been to tough it out for only 3 more months, like the whole organization wanted to. In the grand scheme of things, 3 months is a very short amount of time. It would have changed the whole tone of the tour behind the scenes, and would have eliminated all of the hard feelings it created among the 3 of them. Well, 2 of them, anyway.

Now I ask you, considering that it meant so much to not only G&A, but the whole Rush organization, AND the fans, would it have killed Neil to delay his retirement by 90 days?

I am curious; would 3 months have been simply more dates in the States and Europe, or were there discussions to play elsewhere besides those 2 locations?

I am curious; would 3 months have been simply more dates in the States and Europe, or were there discussions to play elsewhere besides those 2 locations?

More shows in the states and a leg in Europe, but no talks about Brazil.

I only have one regret. That I came so late on the scene. It's not like I wasn't there when they were in their prime and at the height of their talent. But, what's done is done. I'm just grateful at this point that so many of those shows are available on bootleg audios and videos. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

I only have one regret. That I came so late on the scene. It's not like I wasn't there when they were in their prime and at the height of the talent. But, what's done is done. I'm just grateful at this point that so many of those shows are available on bootleg audios and videos.

I feel the exact same.

• Like 1

I only have one regret. That I came so late on the scene. It's not like I wasn't there when they were in their prime and at the height of the talent. But, what's done is done. I'm just grateful at this point that so many of those shows are available on bootleg audios and videos.

I feel the exact same.

I feel lucky for as many shows that I have seen.

But even I know I had maybe 4-7 other chances to see them, when they played every mid sized city on every tour...and only went to 1 show per tour usually.

• Like 1

I'd love another show (and another, and another...) but my gratitude for them can fill the great empty space they left in the 'Live Gigs Section' of my life
  • Like 1

I talked to a friend who knows a lawyer that works down the hall from Ray Danniels' accountant. Word is added US dates and Europe summer of 2017.
  • Like 1

It's upsetting to me to see how many people would actually be okay with replacing Neil...

Do you have a favorite sports team? If so, NONE of the players on that team were present when your grandfather was cheering for the same team. You still love the team just as much. I don't see why bands can't continue the same way.
  • Like 2

It's upsetting to me to see how many people would actually be okay with replacing Neil...

Do you have a favorite sports team? If so, NONE of the players on that team were present when your grandfather was cheering for the same team. You still love the team just as much. I don't see why bands can't continue the same way.

Menudo was a good example of this.

I think KISS intends to do the same thing...read something Gene said over the summer... they intend to continue to licence the charachters after Gene and Paul retire. So the band can live on. Because KISS is bigger than any of them. Or something to that effect.

Menudo was a good example of this.

I think KISS intends to do the same thing...read something Gene said over the summer... they intend to continue to licence the charachters after Gene and Paul retire. So the band can live on. Because KISS is bigger than any of them. Or something to that effect.

Gene is the king of rock & roll marketing, and will squeeze every nickel he can out the Kiss brand. His/their main motivation has always been the all mighty dollar - crappy music, & over the top theatrics, by semi-talented "artists/musicians". As opposed to Rush, whose main motivation was just making great music. Incredibly complicated compositions played by highly accomplished, talented, and true musicians. There is a difference.

Edited by FOH Lights

That is apples and oranges. Would you see Yes today with no Wakeman, Anderson, or Squire? They're a glorified cover band now

• Like 2