Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself....

grep

..I'm a man of Rush and something that rhymes with fate.....

Hello. I'm the new guy.

I got started with the old AOL Rush board. In the ancient days of 1994. AOL used to have a posting system much like a modern bulletin board, but it was within their own software. They had a board or group for every topic imaginable.

This was the days before the internet (AKA The Information Superhighway) was opened up to the common user.

Anyway on that board I learned about the TNMS mailing list. Oh, what fun that was. The good old days. :)

Then the internet arrived in mid 95..for me anyway. Eventually the TNMS website was put up. Various little sites then with bits and snippets of news. I could never figure out why high tech Rush never had their own site.

Then after the tragedy, came the Geddyboard in 2000? 2001? I was grepNYC there. Good times on that board before it fell apart.

Got involved in some heavy projects at work, and basically retired from the Rush internet scene for a while. I think I was on Trinet for a bit. Got banned... got pissed off..... Then I joined Counterparts in 06. When it was really grooving. I'm still over there, it's a relatively small community these days. We like to call it a Biker Bar. ;) It's a little rough sometimes, but what I love about it is that the mods give us a lot of freedom to just discuss stuff.

Now I'm here, after lurking on and off for a number of years. I like that the talk is really more serious, and more fun about the band itself. Want to get back to some of that.

So, thanks for having me.

• Like 7

Hi Grep, and welcome! I haven't been on any other Rush forums, although others here have, so maybe you will meet both old and new friends. The Periscope parties here are awesome and I will be sad to see them end. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I've been everywhere grep has

(but some of that is untrue)

still, he will rouse the rabble here in a way that will impress some and irritate others

^ this reminds me of exactly no one

HELLO GREP!

• Like 1

The Geddy board was 2000. I was on there as Q6. In '01 or '02 Geddy replied gratefully to all the birthday wishes he got on that site. Naturally, everyone got a kick out of that. At the same time, I was on Counterparts...before the biker bar era. Haven't been there in at least a decade.

Anyway, welcome to TRF grep! :blaze:

• Like 1

Welcome grep, expect plenty of ball busting, and interesting debates.
  • Like 2

Welcome grep, expect plenty of ball busting, and interesting debates.

x10 in SOCN with some occasional douchebaggery thrown in for good measure.

• Like 1

Welcome. Former trinet and CP here. Never got banned at trinet but it reminded me of the Star Trek tng episode where dr crusher kept losing crew members because she was stuck in a static warp bubble. Every day members just disappeared because Rudy.
  • Like 1

I was around St Petersburg when I thought it was time for a change.

No, not Russia. Tampa. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome. Former trinet and CP here. Never got banned at trinet but it reminded me of the Star Trek tng episode where dr crusher kept losing crew members because she was stuck in a static warp bubble. Every day members just disappeared because Rudy.

I remember you. Good to see you here.

Everyone... thanks again.

Except GW. Who gets a resounding Meh. (not really)

Edited by grep