The Last Hurrah: TRF Members at the LA Show

Do we know where we're all meeting up?

does anybody know about the bars inside the venue

But that wouldn't give us very much time since doors only open an hour before the show. There's got to be something, somewhere!

Google maps says Lavender Blue, less than a mile east of the Forum?

LOL, honest. There really isn't a great bar near the Forum. Trust me.

Best option is the mezzanine bars inside the venue.

what about this one in Compton?

http://www.diglounge.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/dscf0733.jpg

• Like 2

LOL. There's a Sizzler. And an IHOP. And a number of soul food joints. Not much else that isn't antiquated with urban Angeleno decay. :)

BTW< for those not in the know....save your appetites for post-show street cart vendor bacon wrapped LA dogs. A finer hot dog on the west coast, there is not. Load up on two of those bad boys with all the trimmings and thank me later.

• Like 1

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stagz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

That's 12

You got Stgaz's name wrong, man. ;)

What happened to Christo from Sydney and heavy(kiwi)kev?

Thanks mate! Yes, it is St Gaz - the ST is in honour of Simon Templar, The Robin Hood of modern crime!

Kev's already over there wreaking havoc, and I think Christo leaves soon. I leave Thursday. 30+ years of waiting are almost at an end!!!

• Like 3

Do we know where we're all meeting up?

does anybody know about the bars inside the venue

But that wouldn't give us very much time since doors only open an hour before the show. There's got to be something, somewhere!

Google maps says Lavender Blue, less than a mile east of the Forum?

That could work. It looks like it's only a 10-15 minute walk away.

http://www.lavenderbluela.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lavender-blue-inglewood

0.65 miles away on same street. Should we call them?? Heads Up? Do you think there will already be Rush fans there??

Looking at the website I don't see anything about reservations so we could probably just show up there. At least one Yelp review said people met there before going to the Forum, so we wouldn't be the first. Will there be other Rush fans? Is anyone here on another forum or Facebook group and could check to see what those people are doing? (This is my only forum.)

I've decided to throw all reasonableness and sanity out the window and treat myself to a weekend in L.A. No show ticket yet, but I will be there.

Tipping point was realizing Rushcon is there that day with a bus ride to the show. Anyone else who's also going solo and would like to meet up, let me know. :)

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 3

This will be my 6th time seeing the trio at this venue. The last time was the Roll The Bones tour.

I'll just be tailgating in the far lot somewhere, before the show.

parking info - General parking is $25 and Preferred parking is $40 at the Forum's on-site parking lots. Parking is also available at the adjacent lot at Hollywood Park for $20.

Edited by Self-Indulgence
  • Like 2

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

That's 15 people. Anybody calling Lavender Blue, or do I need too?

• Like 2

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

Would you mind calling them? Assuming we all meet there, that location should also be posted in the official meetup thread so no one misses out.

Now Mrs Wife is saying "just get on an effing plane and I will buy you a front row ticket to the LA show."

She does know how expensive that is and they are all sold? (...and its a cross country flight).

• Like 1

Now Mrs Wife is saying "just get on an effing plane and I will buy you a front row ticket to the LA show."

She does know how expensive that is and they are all sold? (...and its a cross country flight).

Tell her the front row tickets are about $10,000 each, then ask her if she still plans to buy you one. :LOL:

• Like 1

Tell her the front row tickets are about $10,000 each, then ask her if she still plans to buy you one. :LOL:

Thanks, I checked briefly, a couple grand for seventh row side. I said goodbye last month, but its fun to dream I'd make the trip. Not sure the goodbye thing again would be fun. Its an epic event, and h/t all fans making the pilgrimage!

Thanks, I checked briefly, a couple grand for seventh row side. I said goodbye last month, but its fun to dream I'd make the trip. Not sure the goodbye thing again would be fun. Its an epic event, and h/t all fans making the pilgrimage!

You SURE you won't be kicking yourself a year or two from now if you don't do it? ;) After your wife even told you to go?
  • Like 1

You SURE you won't be kicking yourself a year or two from now if you don't do it? ;) After your wife even told you to go?

I might. I'm very worried that I will be standing at LAX Saturday am, lookin at my reflection telling myself...seriously, you didn't trek across the country, did you!

• Like 1

I might. I'm very worried that I will be standing at LAX Saturday am, lookin at my reflection telling myself...seriously, you didn't trek across the country, did you!

Haha, I'll trek across your whole country and an ocean. :cool:

Hey, it's :rush: 'n'Roll.

• Like 1

Grow a pair. Goose showed up to Seattle with not a ticket. Ended up in a luxury box. He had to get his knees dirty of course. We all have our crosses to bear.

1. Tombstone Mountain

2. Xanadu

3. Bard

4. x1yyz

5. Tom Healey

6. Greyfriar

7. Stgaz

8. Robertrobyn

9. Jsteinrush

10. Geddy's Soul Patch

11. Sgt D

12. Pony2112

13. TexMike

14. Selfindulgence

15. Wide Angle Watcher

im gonna try to make an appearance

• Like 1