Where is the end of the guitar solo on Different Strings?

YYZumbi

The guitar solo on Different Strings is just amazing! But it is just way to short! It´s so short that it´s annoying! Is it someone here that know if the ending of the guitar solo is out there somewhere? Maybe in Rush trash vault?
  • Like 2

I remember reading that he ended it right after that. There was really no more recorded.

Yeah, I'm guessing they fixed the very last recorded note as the end point for the fade. That's what I do when I record - I find the last note of the solo that I like and set the end point for the fade for about a second past that point.

Probably that Rush Oddities site may have something, though. The site is still there, but I get a "server not found" message when I click on the links. . .

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

I remember reading that he ended it right after that. There was really no more recorded.

I never knew that; I figured there had to be more.

I agree with Zumbi- it's going along great, and all of a sudden it just drops off and disappears. Frustrating.

But what is there is really tasty. :)

• Like 1

What cracks me up is that you have a band like Rush who would say "Yeah, the solo ended when the song faded out, we didn't explore it any more." and another band like Jethro Tull would say "Actually, we had about 10 more minutes to the song originally that we cut because it didn't fit in with the rest of the album".

Jethro Tull had so much stuff lying around that they could release after the fact. I wish Rush had some of that stuff, but they always had the reputation of cutting things short if things weren't working out with an idea.

I would love if the guitar went on longer, but I still totally dig Different Strings. Edited by G Lee

The guitar solo on Different Strings is just amazing! But it is just way to short! It´s so short that it´s annoying! Is it someone here that know if the ending of the guitar solo is out there somewhere? Maybe in Rush trash vault?

No shit! It drives me nuts! "Different Strings" RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to see Marillion at the American Music Hall like 6 years ago. Damn I hated Hogarth. He started spewing political bullshit during the show.

Fukk him.

Anyway the opening band was fuckking cool

They actually did a cover of "Different Strings" and I was highly impressed!!

I will never understand why the boys never play this song live. Geddy's weak 2015 range could nail it.

That's how they recorded the song. What bugs me is when a radio station decides to cut guitar solos at the end of songs off or talk over them. Ex.: The Eagles' "Hotel California" or Journey's "Who's Cryin' Now?" In both of these cases, the ending solos are the best parts of the songs.

That's how they recorded the song. What bugs me is when a radio station decides to cut guitar solos at the end of songs off or talk over them. Ex.: The Eagles' "Hotel California" or Journey's "Who's Cryin' Now?" In both of these cases, the ending solos are the best parts of the songs.

Also "Hitch a Ride" by Boston