PCD~Post Concert Depression

Alsgalpal

I know how fun it is to be there, but it is a very fleeting thing. Any bummed out feelings I have usually happen while a show is happening and I'm not there. But after it's over, no. If I've been lucky enough to go, I'm happy.

There are a few excellent shows on youtube - full shows, with great clarity and sound. I find it amazing that I can sit at home and watch a full show a couple of days after it has happened, and while the tour is on-going - not to mention this periscope thing! Sure it's crappy sound and video, but I am loving the ability to interact with people. It's not the same, but it'll do.

Lorraine, I frequently wish that we could hook you up. (Not to mention dealing with your next-door problem.)

You have no idea the joy being on the periscope threads has brought me.

I can understand how those that were at shows feel because the fact that I can't participate (even vicariously) in the periscope threads that remain is sad. And that there are only - what - five? - four? - left is even sadder.

This tour is going by so fast. I know I have said this before a few times, but I will never forget the anticipation here before the Tulsa show began. I thought TRF would crash for sure. There were hundreds on that periscope thread.

Good memories we all have of something related to R40! :) And now I am the proud possessor of a Rush autographed copy of the Gods of Geek Rolling Stone issue!

• Like 4

I was really sad after seeing my second show of four. I thought I'd never be able to see them up close again. That thought made me shed a few tears... So that's when I've made the decision I had to upgrade my ticket to row 5 on the floor for my last show in YYZ. I went on StubHub and bought my most expensive ticket ever. But it was worth every penny I've spent on it. I flew back to Holland with a lot of happy memories and I've made peace with the fact that that show may have very well been my last Rush show ever.
  • Like 1

No reason to be sad or depressed. :)

Cherish the memories you have of the show(s) you were at and be very grateful that you have them.

All good things come to an end, but you can always relive your memories with either a good bootleg of the particular show you were at, or the dvd that will be released.

And that is why I've decided to film as much clips as I could during the 4 R40 shows I've attended. I'm almost done editing everything. Now it's all coming together it is so awesome to be able to relive many parts of my 4 shows all over again and again. I'm looking forward to the oficial DVD, but in case the editing turns out like the CA one I'm glad I've got about 2,5 hours of pure :rush: bliss stored on my Mac :)

I'm doing the same thing. From 3 shows attended, I got a little over an hour of watchable video. In most cases, I didn't record entire songs, but just captured my favorite moments from each. It's fun to make your own concert video! Do let us know if you make yours available somewhere. I remember your photos being quite excellent and I'm sure any videos would be the same.
  • Like 2

Oh god I know that feeling. I went to my first Rush show last Friday, and I've been having withdrawals since then. Post concert depression is a real thing! I've been looking forward to seeing them this entire summer and now it's over :blink: Three hours flew by like a dream. I actually cried the next day listening to Losing It thinking I'll probably never see them again... but knowing that I'm lucky to even had the chance to go makes me very grateful. At least I got to see my favourite band perform, even if it was only once.
  • Like 4

I think because of the plethora of periscope feeds we've had this tour it's kind of eased the pain of the PCD which will soon be Post Tour Depression or PTD. Which could very well turn out to be Last Tour Depression or LTD. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

I agree it would be a lot worse if we hadn't had periscope. I feel almost like I've been fortunate enough to go on tour WITH them.

Of course the flip side, if this ends up being the end, is I'll not only have Rush withdrawl, but also Rush ON Periscope withdrawl.

• Like 3

Wait.... Post Concert Depression??? What about Post Periscope Depression??? What are we gonna watch every second night in August??????? :eh:

Maybe we should get someone with like an 80 inch TV screen to periscope ESL. Then we can pretend the technology existed in 1981 and we have another 30 years of Rush to look forward to.

• Like 2

No reason to be sad or depressed. :)

Cherish the memories you have of the show(s) you were at and be very grateful that you have them.

All good things come to an end, but you can always relive your memories with either a good bootleg of the particular show you were at, or the dvd that will be released.

And that is why I've decided to film as much clips as I could during the 4 R40 shows I've attended. I'm almost done editing everything. Now it's all coming together it is so awesome to be able to relive many parts of my 4 shows all over again and again. I'm looking forward to the oficial DVD, but in case the editing turns out like the CA one I'm glad I've got about 2,5 hours of pure :rush: bliss stored on my Mac :)

I'm doing the same thing. From 3 shows attended, I got a little over an hour of watchable video. In most cases, I didn't record entire songs, but just captured my favorite moments from each. It's fun to make your own concert video! Do let us know if you make yours available somewhere. I remember your photos being quite excellent and I'm sure any videos would be the same.

If it's ready il'll share it with you all. I've recorded it the same way you did. I've also filmed parts of songs and I've tried to capture multiple clips over the course of the 4 shows from the longer songs. So when it's finished it's not a complete show, but it comes close :)

• Like 1

Wait.... Post Concert Depression??? What about Post Periscope Depression??? What are we gonna watch every second night in August??????? :eh:

Hey Syl! You tube! I know it doesn't have the wow live factor, but there is some great stuff on there. Tapehed has two great full shows on there, Minn and Philly.

Then there will be the blu ray!

Uh.... Peeps? How the hell do I get periscope to work?!

I almost broadcast my damn shower last night ... :unsure:

Be careful about saying that or Sheldon's going to post his goat gif again!

• Like 1

:popcorn: ... :)
  • Like 1

Be careful about saying that or Sheldon's going to post his goat gif again!

Or the British Airways one... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Might be cool if someone periscoped a Rush tribute band sometime. I've never seen one.

I gotta get the thought of alsgalpal washed from my brain before moving on to the subject at hand... :)

After the Austin show I was incredibly overwhelmed by these feelings. The show I had witnessed was so awesome, and I couldn't fathom not seeing them again (especially being a younger fan).

The post-concert depression was the main motivator for me buying my Vegas tickets. That will be it for me, though. At least, for now...

Hey Syl! You tube! I know it doesn't have the wow live factor, but there is some great stuff on there. Tapehed has two great full shows on there, Minn and Philly.

Then there will be the blu ray!

Hahaha! I'm just making fun... I got all the full shows downloaded.... But it IS fun to fire up the ol' Periscope to see what Rush are playing right now..... :)

The more I think about it, having post concert depression is better than having NO concert depression. It looked for a while that there wouldn't even be an R40 tour. Sounds like Neil would've been fine skipping it altogether, but relented for the sake of the other guys and the fans. And not only did they tour, they put together a show that ended up being the best of all time for a lot of us. There's a lot to be happy about in spite of the fact that Rush touring can't last forever.
  • Like 4

ABSOLUTELY!

From the time the tour was announced until the show in Newark (Jan to Jun), I looked up something Rush related multiple times, every day whether it was tickets, periscoping, this forum. The day after the show, I was so burned out. Even a month later, still burned out.