Your HITCHCOCK Top 5 films + 1 underrated and 1 special mention

treeduck

Psycho

Vertigo

North By Northwest

Frenzy

The 39 Steps

Forgot about The Birds and Saboteur...oops...

• Like 4

Strangers on a Train

Rear Window

North by Northwest

Spellbound

Sabotage

Underrated: Family Plot (the only first run Hitchcock movie I saw in the theater)

Special mention: Shadow of a Doubt and The Birds

While great films, Vertigo and Psycho are overrated.

• Like 2

Psycho

Vertigo

North By Northwest

Frenzy

The 39 Steps

Those last two are your underrated and special mention then...

No sorry...Frenzy is underrated and 39 Steps a special mention (oops...and Rebecca!)

• Like 1

Psycho

Vertigo

North By Northwest

Frenzy

The 39 Steps

No sorry...Frenzy is underrated and 39 Steps a special mention (oops...and Rebecca!)

So which will replace Frenzy the 39 Steps in your top 5?

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Psycho

Vertigo

North By Northwest

Frenzy

The 39 Steps

So which will replace Frenzy the 39 Steps in your top 5?

Pshyco and Saboteur

So many good movies. I think his older movies were better than the newer ones. For instance, I think Psycho and especially The Birds weren't as good as Rebecca, Notorious, Rear Window, Vertigo and Marnie. Weren't even made as well either.

I think the only two I haven't seen that have been mentioned here are Saboteur and Frenzy.

• Like 1

So many good movies. I think his older movies were better than the newer ones. For instance, I think Psycho and especially The Birds weren't as good as Rebecca, Notorious, Rear Window, Vertigo and Marnie. Weren't even made as well either.

I think the only two I haven't seen that have been mentioned here are Saboteur and Frenzy.

The guy is Frenzy is like Robert Plant's psycho brother!

I like Psycho and The Birds because they remind me of how they scared the crap out of me as a kid. :)

• Like 1

I seriously need to revisit Hitchcock ... For now, here goes:

- Rear Window

- Vertigo

- Psycho

- North By Northwest

- Strangers On A Train

- Special Mention - Rope

- Underrated - Frenzy

Dial M and Man Who Knew Too Much ( 1955 ) are so close to the list too

Need to see Rebecca again - it has been probably 15 years

• Like 3

Ok here we go:

1. Psycho (1960)

2. North By Northwest (1959)

3. The Birds (1963)

4. Vertigo (1958)

5. To Catch a Thief (1955)

Underrated: Marnie (1964)

Special mention: Dial M For Murder (1954)

• Like 4

Updated but pretty similar. well...the same but a top 10...

1. Psycho (1960)

2. North By Northwest (1959)

3. The Birds (1963)

4. Vertigo (1958)

5. To Catch a Thief (1955)

6. Dial M For Murder (1954)

7. The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)

8. Rear Window (1954)

9. Marnie (1964)

10. Frenzy (1972)

• Like 2

Rear Window, then everything else.

I liked the birds but even as a kid it didn't scare me. I saw psycho as a teenager and unfortunately, I had the story spoiled for me (I knew what was coming) which kind of ruined it. Great movie though. North by Northwest and Vertigo. Saw each one time and don't really remember them all that well.

I have only seen those 5 Hitchcock movies. I need to sit down and have a marathon one weekend when I don't have anything else to do.

• Like 3

I liked the birds but even as a kid it didn't scare me. I saw psycho as a teenager and unfortunately, I had the story spoiled for me (I knew what was coming) which kind of ruined it. Great movie though. North by Northwest and Vertigo. Saw each one time and don't really remember them all that well.

I have only seen those 5 Hitchcock movies. I need to sit down and have a marathon one weekend when I don't have anything else to do.

You'll have a different view once you see them again.

I first watched The Birds in the early 70's when I was a little kid and it took two weeks for me to believe that the Birds weren't going to get me. Even shutting my door didn't help as I knew that the Birds could peck right through it like they did in the attic in Rod Taylor's house. :wacko:

I first watched The Birds in the early 70's when I was a little kid and it took two weeks for me to believe that the Birds weren't going to get me. Even shutting my door didn't help as I knew that the Birds could peck right through it like they did in the attic in Rod Taylor's house. :wacko:

I have seen The Birds quite a few times. It was interesting but weird and the ending was sort of anticlimactic.

Rear Window I have seen a thousand times. Love that movie.

I would benefit from watching the others again since I haven't seen them in a very long time.

I have seen The Birds quite a few times. It was interesting but weird and the ending was sort of anticlimactic.

I would benefit from watching the others again since I haven't seen them in a very long time.

Rear Window is alright but the problem is it's just a guy siting in a room for 99% of it.

Rear Window is alright but the problem is it's just a guy siting in a room for 99% of it.

I don't see that as a problem. I see it as interesting. A guy watching his theater(his back courtyard). Also it helps the climax at the end since he can't run away from the guy trying to kill him.

I love that movie....

.....and Grace Kelly..... :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 4

I don't see that as a problem. I see it as interesting. A guy watching his theater(his back courtyard). Also it helps the climax at the end since he can't run away from the guy trying to kill him.

I love that movie....

Yeah it's interesting I just like a bit more going on beyond one single window view of the world.

And Grace is also in To Catch a Thief which I prefer.

I love that movie....

Yeah it's interesting I just like a bit more going on beyond one single window view of the world.

And Grace is also in To Catch a Thief which I prefer.

I will have to make that my next one to watch.