Portland Periscope Thread - July 21, 2015

Boogieman2

Anyone else have thoughts on Alex's "creative parts" during TMMB? I couldn't tell if it was well-intentioned noodling of fat fingers again.

I've thought about using a "sausage finger" plot in the latest YBG....but I don't want to paint the devil on the wall

No I didn't have any such problem when I scoped.

Tom, have you considered flying out for the west coast shows? Maybe doin' a little.. Oh, I don't know... Scoping?

Merely, I have second row center for LA. If they give me a feed (and I couldn't get anything in KC with my ATT service in the "Sprint Center," so I couldn't scope a second of it), I'm bringing my wife's extended battery thingy and gonna try to get the whole f'ing thing.

I believe, in that case, you are, in fact, what they commonly refer to as, The Man!

Tom, have you considered flying out for the west coast shows? Maybe doin' a little.. Oh, I don't know... Scoping?

Merely, I have second row center for LA. If they give me a feed (and I couldn't get anything in KC with my ATT service in the "Sprint Center," so I couldn't scope a second of it), I'm bringing my wife's extended battery thingy and gonna try to get the whole f'ing thing.

Dude I'm 3rd row center right
  • Like 1

I believe, in that case, you are, in fact, what they commonly refer to as, The Man!

We'll see. I scoped front/center in Montreal and had no problems with security. A little safer in row two for LA, and given that it's the last damn show, I really hope they couldn't give a fig.

Hmm...if I was a cynical man, I'd wonder if Alex accidentally triggered a pre-recorded solo there. It would suck to find out that some of the solos were fingersynched.

We'll see. I scoped front/center in Montreal and had no problems with security. A little safer in row two for LA, and given that it's the last damn show, I really hope they couldn't give a fig.

Oh, yes, I recall the Montreal scope quite well. That's why I asked. You did yeoman's work there, sir!

Hmm...if I was a cynical man, I'd wonder if Alex accidentally triggered a pre-recorded solo there. It would suck to find out that some of the solos were fingersynched.

Sounded more like he dropped a beat, and went to the next section early.

Are you talking about a ways back in the song, when Lee was still singing a verse? It sounded like Lifeson was playing some lead over that bit, and then I thought I saw a tech guy run out and do something to the pedalboard.

I'm probably seeing/hearing things.

Edited by toymaker

Are you talking about a ways back in the song, when Lee was still singing a verse? It sounded like Lifeson was playing some lead over that bit, and then I thought I saw a tech guy run out and do something to the pedalboard.

I'm probably seeing/hearing things.

Ah, no, I was talking about the ending. My mistake.

You know, I am going to miss getting semi-regular doses of Howard Ungerleider's designs.

you and me both. Been a real treat. I paid a ton of attention to it in Seattle. Front row you lose a lot of the overall effect of the light show. Not disappointed in the least though. The view from the rafters must've been incredible to see it from above
  • Like 1

You know, I am going to miss getting semi-regular doses of Howard Ungerleider's designs.

you and me both. Been a real treat. I paid a ton of attention to it in Seattle. Front row you lose a lot of the overall effect of the light show. Not disappointed in the least though. The view from the rafters must've been incredible to see it from above

I've seen it both close and far, and it's amazing how much of the lights you miss by being close. Of course, if you can see the light show, you probably can't really see them!

• Like 1

I've seen 3 shows this tour, more than maxed out my Rush budget, and yet I keep pricing stuff for L.A. every day. I'd really love to be at that last gig. Probably won't happen, but seeing a good scope that night would ease the disappointment. :)
  • Like 2