Jump to content


Portland Periscope Thread - July 21, 2015


232 replies to this topic

#221 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 July 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 23 July 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 23 July 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 23 July 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

View Postrftag, on 23 July 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Had a great time at the Portland show. They sounded great; a particularly good night for Geddy vocally. The only down side was that it ended up being set A, which I already saw in Atlanta; it would've been nice to hear another set, especially if it included Natural Science!).

I may be seeing the last show in LA so maybe I'll get to hear Natural Science after all. We shall see.

I can finally come in to the spoiler thread. :dweez: :lol:

I was really happy with the setlist. I was freaking out and yes I did shed many tears early on. After the show I kept walking back and looking at the stage. Thinking it might be the last time I see them. What a great night! :7up: :haz: :rush:

I forgot that you had no idea about the setlist.

What did you think of the second half of the show?  :)


OMG,

I was so freaked out. The memories were just racing through my head. Awesome!! :haz: :7up:

I would have been too.  If I had been at the Tulsa show, I think they would have had to carry me out on a stretcher at the end.  

It must be out of this world to be there and not know what song is coming next.

What did you think of Xanadu?

It was great as always,

But the other three were really special for me. BTW, Alex said Fu** in a funny video. :lol: It was great seeing so many young folks there. An eighteen year old kid was behind me and we had some great conversations. The stories I told him blew him away. :D

Sponsored Post

#222 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

I hope some one posts these three songs at some point,

I didn't see them on youtube.

#223 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

Watching Jacobs Ladder that was played at Tulsa right now. Goosebumps! :haz: :rush:

Edited by troutman, 23 July 2015 - 05:36 PM.


#224 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

View Posttroutman, on 23 July 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

Watching Jacobs Ladder that was played at Tulsa right now. Goosebumps! :haz: :rush:

Ask Mystic Rhythm what Tulsa show he sent me that he got off of youtube.  It was such a well done bootleg of the show.  You will love it!

#225 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Too bad you couldn't have frozen time for yourself, Troutman.  I feel for you.  It's harder on Rush veterans like yourself than on anyone else.

Edited by Lorraine, 23 July 2015 - 05:43 PM.


#226 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostLorraine, on 23 July 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

Too bad you couldn't have frozen time for yourself, Troutman.  I feel for you.  It's harder on Rush veterans like yourself than on anyone else.

Yeah,

It seemed like an hour to me. It went by so fast at times. There is never enought time when you see them live.

#227 rftag

rftag

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 276 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, science, philosophy, wildlife, skepticism, belief systems, consciousness

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 23 July 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

View Postrftag, on 23 July 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:



I may be seeing the last show in LA so maybe I'll get to hear Natural Science after all. We shall see.
Awesome...show up. I'd like to meet you

Likewise. I'll let you know if I will be there.

#228 rftag

rftag

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 276 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, science, philosophy, wildlife, skepticism, belief systems, consciousness

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

View Posttroutman, on 23 July 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

View Postrftag, on 23 July 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Had a great time at the Portland show. They sounded great; a particularly good night for Geddy vocally. The only down side was that it ended up being set A, which I already saw in Atlanta; it would've been nice to hear another set, especially if it included Natural Science!).

I may be seeing the last show in LA so maybe I'll get to hear Natural Science after all. We shall see.

I can finally come in to the spoiler thread. :dweez: :lol:

I was really happy with the setlist. I was freaking out and yes I did shed many tears early on. After the show I kept walking back and looking at the stage. Thinking it might be the last time I see them. What a great night! :7up: :haz: :rush:

They were all in top form, and seemed to be really enjoying it. Especially Geddy. They were definitely on fire.

#229 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

View Postrftag, on 23 July 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 23 July 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

View Postrftag, on 23 July 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Had a great time at the Portland show. They sounded great; a particularly good night for Geddy vocally. The only down side was that it ended up being set A, which I already saw in Atlanta; it would've been nice to hear another set, especially if it included Natural Science!).

I may be seeing the last show in LA so maybe I'll get to hear Natural Science after all. We shall see.

I can finally come in to the spoiler thread. :dweez: :lol:

I was really happy with the setlist. I was freaking out and yes I did shed many tears early on. After the show I kept walking back and looking at the stage. Thinking it might be the last time I see them. What a great night! :7up: :haz: :rush:

They were all in top form, and seemed to be really enjoying it. Especially Geddy. They were definitely on fire.

Oh yeah,

And the old doublenecks were so cool! :codger: :haz: :rush:

#230 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

Can I post a song from Toronto here?

#231 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

Couldn't find a decent Jacob's Ladder video from the Portland show,

I like this one from Lincoln, Neb. :codger: :haz:


https://www.youtube....h?v=g5fFAIF8uVM

#232 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:14 PM

That's a great song, and they did it/do it so well.  I love it.

#233 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=FICkVLg7Vok

:haz: :rush:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users