Silly Things This Tour

x1yyz

We all know that Rush has a sense of humour. This not only comes out in the little films they do for the shows, but onstage as well. And it seems as though things are getting sillier as the tour draws to a close.

Here are some fun things I've seen this tour.

Vancouver:

Alex went over to Geddy, started making faces. Geddy missed singing a word or two because he started laughing, then put his hand up as a blinder so he could continue singing.

Alex stood on the drum riser, stuck his butt at Neil, and Neil started beating it with drumsticks.

At the very end of the show, Neil had a photocopy of a woman's face that he held up in front of his own. (I have no idea who she was--does anyone know?)

Seattle:

Two roadies dressed as cats came out onstage for no particular reason.

Roadies stood next to the drum kit holding up a life size cutout of Kiss. They stood there for several minutes until the guys all noticed.

At the beginning of 2112 Alex stood on the drum riser in the same stance as the Starman guy. Then he mimed pulling down his pants to ba the crowd.

What else have you seen?

:LOL:

Lincoln: Alex came over to Ged's mic during 2112 and started imitating Ged's high voice.

Kansas City: Alex dancing around like a little girl before What You're Doing and also Alex talking to his dinosaurs during Subdivisions.

• Like 2

We all know that Rush has a sense of humour. This not only comes out in the little films they do for the shows, but onstage as well. And it seems as though things are getting sillier as the tour draws to a close.

Vancouver:

At the very end of the show, Neil had a photocopy of a woman's face that he held up in front of his own. (I have no idea who she was--does anyone know?)

A-ha! I've just discovered who that woman was - Buffy Sainte-Marie, a native Canadian singer-songwriter.

Neil talks about this on pages 276-7 of his latest book, and says it was a joke only the three of them would get.

Vancouver:

Alex went over to Geddy, started making faces. Geddy missed singing a word or two because he started laughing, then put his hand up as a blinder so he could continue singing.

Found it:

Ha! Yes, at 1:55! Cool, thanks for finding that.

(The back of my head is in that video, too :D )

That's funny! Hopefully there's a better video of it out there.

If you click the video and watch it on youtube its great quality. I don't know why it isn't as good on this site

Still looks grainy and out of focus over there too. Not sure what you're looking at?

Vancouver:

Alex stood on the drum riser, stuck his butt at Neil, and Neil started beating it with drumsticks.

Seattle:

Two roadies dressed as cats came out onstage for no particular reason.

Roadies stood next to the drum kit holding up a life size cutout of Kiss. They stood there for several minutes until the guys all noticed.

At the beginning of 2112 Alex stood on the drum riser in the same stance as the Starman guy. Then he mimed pulling down his pants to ba the crowd.

What else have you seen?

Awesome! :P

Hmmmmmmmmm, I don't recall any of what some of you saw... I was in Montreal. All I saw were 14,424 people going absolutely mental.

During 2112 in Los Angeles, four roadies came out. The two that made up a horse, Chicken boy returned, and Sylvester from Looney Tunes. Here's a link to a video. They come out at around 2:59. :Alex: :geddy: :Neil: :rush: :Neil: :geddy: :Alex:

Af the Austin show that I went to, When Geddy introduced Jacob’s Ladder he mentioned that he couldn’t remember ever playing it, and then he said (But that’s a whole other story) which was kinda funny.

I thought it was pretty silly they did one leg this tour, and didn't hit the majority of the world.

good for us north america people though!

Clockwork Angels was the last international tour and they played a bunch of dates in Europe, United Kingdom, Canada, the US of course, and Scandinavia. I also heard somewhere that Neil thought that was going to be the last tour, and they had to convince him to do the R40 tour and he only agreed to the 35 shows and nothing else.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 1