Bringing signs in

Nate1647

For the first time, I've decided to bring a sign with me to the show tonight. I put it on a 24x36" posterboard. Now how on earth do I get it into the venue? Do I just walk in and they let me have it? I've never done this before so any advice is much appreciated.

I think it depends on the venue

When I took my sign in, I had it divided into 4 parts which I glued to the poster paper, then folded it up in 4ths so that I could show the whole sign or just 1 or 2 frames. Once folded it was about 8 1/2 x 11 so easy to carry in. One of the frames just said "Thanks for the music" which is what I had it on mostly.

ditto Union, I was front row so just held it out in front of the barrier so not to block views...it is hard enough to see from the floor further back past heads/arms/ and cell phones

Yea I only plan to hold it up a few times for the boys to see. I really like the fold into 4ths idea. I'll just put THANK YOU on the folded sign.

The big one reads,

Thanks for Boppin' and Groovin' for 40 years!

hint on the folding. If you fold it over top to bottom first then left to right, it makes it easy to open fully, just hold the top 2 corners and the rest falls open for you.

Both Alex and Geddy acknowledged my sign...not sticks or picks but still it was nice to get the nod and smile from them.

Edited by hcm