Jump to content


What has everyone's experience been with seat upgrades?

tickets seats upgrades live

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MeanMeanPride

MeanMeanPride

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 383 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas
  • Interests:Rush, of course!

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

I bought my tickets for Vegas a few weeks ago - upper bowl, Alex's side. At the time I was just happy to be buying tickets so I could be in attendance, but you know how these things go...the closer you get to show day, the closer you wish you were to the floor.

My question is: has anyone been able to successfully negotiate seat upgrades at the ticket office the day of the show? I'm going to call MGM and ask them this question, but I also wanted to know your experiences. I've heard of some instances in which ushers are lenient and will allow people to move around and fill in empty seats once the show starts. I would be willing to pay a little extra to move up at this point, but I don't want to pay the ridiculous prices the scalpers and bots are asking.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Post

#2 Nw_Analogkid

Nw_Analogkid

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Location:Seattle

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

Good question- I dont know the answer but am probably going to do a last minute ticket deep dive and hopefully come up with something in the lower bowl. Prices are a bit crazy right now-

#3 Jsteinrush

Jsteinrush

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Keep in mind that MGM will not allow seat upgrades if the ticket was purchased from Ticketstoday (fan club).

#4 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3766 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

anything can be bought in Vegas for the right $

#5 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 21 July 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

anything can be bought in Vegas for the right $
Roofies anyone?

#6 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3766 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 21 July 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 21 July 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

anything can be bought in Vegas for the right $
Roofies anyone?

Why buy the roofies when you can buy the passed out girl for just a little more.

#7 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostMeanMeanPride, on 20 July 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

I bought my tickets for Vegas a few weeks ago - upper bowl, Alex's side. At the time I was just happy to be buying tickets so I could be in attendance, but you know how these things go...the closer you get to show day, the closer you wish you were to the floor.

My question is: has anyone been able to successfully negotiate seat upgrades at the ticket office the day of the show? I'm going to call MGM and ask them this question, but I also wanted to know your experiences. I've heard of some instances in which ushers are lenient and will allow people to move around and fill in empty seats once the show starts. I would be willing to pay a little extra to move up at this point, but I don't want to pay the ridiculous prices the scalpers and bots are asking.

Thanks in advance!

Empty seats near the stage? Rush? Huh? Things are alot different in the northeast...there may have been a few near the stage at msg released day of the show, but very few compared to other shows and sold immediately. Floor seats are like home 🏠 equity loans around NY.

Hope you are able to get closer!

#8 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

    The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

  • Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Goatnut, TN
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 21 July 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 21 July 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 21 July 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

anything can be bought in Vegas for the right $
Roofies anyone?

Why buy the roofies when you can buy the passed out girl for just a little more.
My love for your humor grows with each post

#9 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3766 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 21 July 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 21 July 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 21 July 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 21 July 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

anything can be bought in Vegas for the right $
Roofies anyone?

Why buy the roofies when you can buy the passed out girl for just a little more.
My love for your humor grows with each post

wow i thought i might have crossed the inappropriate line ala cow castration video.

#10 Nw_Analogkid

Nw_Analogkid

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Location:Seattle

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

Some good row 2-4 released today in section 13- Holding out for a floor single I think- after 6th row in SLC.. Damn..

#11 MeanMeanPride

MeanMeanPride

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 383 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas
  • Interests:Rush, of course!

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hmm, thanks for all the info. I think I've decided to just risk it all and ask when we arrive. I don't know how far I can stretch my budget realistically, and as someone pointed out above, I doubt there will be much available seating to begin with. I should just be thankful I get to be there!

#12 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53733 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

Good things can happen last minute.  In Seattle, 90 minutes before the show, I was next in line for tix when a guy invited me to his all-inclusive luxury box.  Throw caution to the wind!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tickets, seats, upgrades, live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users