Your Favorite Part(s) of the Show

That One Guy

I love the lighting and lasers in Jacob's Ladder.

Love the bells/chimes? in Cygnus X-1. And how dark and quiet it gets for a bit during the song. Very suspenseful.

Love the lasers at the end of Xanadu when Alex is playing the awesome signature riff. :guitar:

This tour has been amazing. If it really is the end, they have outdone themselves in my opinion, and given me some incredible memories that will last the rest of my life. :notworthy:

The lasers were awesome on this tour! Loved them.

Seeing "Losing It' at the LA Forum was it for me.

I loved the KISS standee during "Lakeside Park" too.

As others have stated - so much to love about this show. The setlist, the reverse chronological theme, the stage set up, the lights, the video presentations, the vintage drum set, the orchestral chimes, the double necks, the sound was GREAT, Geddy sounded GREAT singing, etc. etc.

Only minor gripes - didn't get to see Losing It (with it played so infrequently, but I understand with the logistics of having a guest), TFE was not represented (should have had one tune!), and Alex did not smile as much as he did on past tours.

A few of my favorite moments though, at least in the stage show - the opening video was my favorite ever, and I enjoyed the exit video as well ("F you puppet!") and also the incredibly awesome lasers during the end of Cygnus X-1

http://youtu.be/sikZ1J_HQLw

Edited by cygnify
  • Like 2

As others have stated - so much to love about this show. The setlist, the reverse chronological theme, the stage set up, the lights, the video presentations, the vintage drum set, the orchestral chimes, the double necks, the sound was GREAT, Geddy sounded GREAT singing, etc. etc.

Only minor gripes - didn't get to see Losing It (with it played so infrequently, but I understand with the logistics of having a guest), TFE was not represented (should have had one tune!), and Alex did not smile as much as he did on past tours.

A few of my favorite moments though, at least in the stage show - the opening video was my favorite ever, and I enjoyed the exit video as well ("F you puppet!") and also the incredibly awesome lasers during the end of Cygnus X-1

Holy shit, I hadn't seen those before! That is so amazingly wonderful! Wow!

I can't wait for the R40 DVD to come out so I can see what else I've been missing.

• Like 2

I can't wait for the R40 DVD to come out so I can see what else I've been missing.

Howard is the man. You know the YBG wrote an article about him ;)
  • Like 1

Did they now? That must have been a great read.

• Like 1

I would love for a bonus feature on the DVD to be a static long shot like that simply to show off the wonder that is Howard's lighting design.

• Like 5

I saw 3 shows and loved every minute of each one but here are the items that made each show unique, personal and memorable to me:

Seattle -- meeting up with fellow fans before the concert and finding that complete strangers can indeed be long awaited friends

San Jose -- NATURAL SCIENCE!!!!! my all time favorite!

Las Vegas -- watching Alex sit off-stage drinking bottled water and chatting with (I assume) his guitar tech while Neil & Geddy were doing their solos. I had the aisle seat of Row 12 so Alex was only about 20 feet (?) in front of me and am still surprised that security left the gate open to back stage.

• Like 4

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I just watched the Hemispheres Prelude/Cygnus X-1 from the Newark show.

Repeating myself often, but really - those of us who didn't get to a show owe a lot to those of you who filmed these shows for us.

Anyway, the light show for Cygnus X-1 was incredible. I never noticed it before, but I've now watched various shows from the tour or individual songs enough to now concentrate on other things that I missed or didn't pay attention to before.

• Like 2

Seeing Tom Sawyer & Camera eye & the Wreckers. Learning to love Anarchist & coming to associate it with memories from this tour. I did NOT like the props moving though, too distracting.

from curtain up to curtain down- RUSH concerts are events

If a Rush concert was a sporting event, it would be like an NHL game-you can't take your eyes off the action for a moment. Other group's shows are more like baseball games-you can easily find time for a potty break. Go see Paul McCartney or John Fogerty when they announce "here's a new one." Sort of like a 7th inning stretch. Of course, I have to admit that at the TM tour, when they announced Bu2B, I found it the perfect time to Go2P..

• Like 1

I get goosebumps any time I watch the intro video with the curtain coming up into The Anarchist. Sick, really. Awesome way to start the show. Had me saying 'Holy Shit!' in Lincoln because I opted not to follow on opening night...

The intro video was just really well done all the way around.

• Like 4

Lakeside Park or Losing It for me. Still can't believe they played them live.

In Greensboro, the man standing next to me actually dialed up his wife during Lakeside Park. They could see each other through the video phone call. He started crying because he proposed to his wife while listening to the song some 13 years ago. Incredible.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 5

The 2nd set is the best ever.

I still feel having 3 songs off CA was a mistake. I think the boys have a great appreciation for those songs but most fans even die hard fans can take or leave CA. They should have only played 1 or 2 at the most.

Rush made RTB a great experience on R40. They could have found a song off Presto, T4E or Hold Your Fire to impress us in a different way.

If you are going to stick to 1 or 2 songs from every album, CA did not deserve 3...NOT on THIS tour.

• Like 2

The 2nd set is the best ever.

I still feel having 3 songs off CA was a mistake. I think the boys have a great appreciation for those songs but most fans even die hard fans can take or leave CA. They should have only played 1 or 2 at the most.

Rush made RTB a great experience on R40. They could have found a song off Presto, T4E or Hold Your Fire to impress us in a different way.

If you are going to stick to 1 or 2 songs from every album, CA did not deserve 3...NOT on THIS tour.

While the three they played were three of my favorites from CA, I agree. They just got through playing nine (?) on the CA tour. The only thing I can surmise is that CA, being their newest release, has had little live exposure because it is so new, and maybe that's why they gave it the extra song this go-around. :huh:

• Like 1

I also realize they played 'Time Stands Still' at a handful of shows on R40....Wonder why it was randomly inserted?

Thoughts?

I'm guessing they played 3 from CA most nights as part of a give-and-take in terms of the setlist. The guys obviously still enjoy playing newer material while they know most fans would prefer to hear stuff from the 70s and 80s. So with this year's 2nd set, they were saying okay here are your epics, but we're still gonna play 20 minutes of CA material for US.

• Like 1

I also realize they played 'Time Stands Still' at a handful of shows on R40....Wonder why it was randomly inserted?

Thoughts?

No, they didn't. TSS was last played on TM tour.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 2

It was fantastic hearing the Clockwork Angels songs they played. It's their newest album, they think very highly of it (as do many of us here), and it had every "right" to get as much play as it did.
  • Like 5