Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 60981 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

View PostThat One Guy, on 09 February 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

View Postlerxt1990, on 09 February 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

View PostThat One Guy, on 18 July 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

What are yours?

For me, the surprise triple-threat of Hemispheres Prelude, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1 was amazing.

I also loved the Trailer Park Boys appearance in the Roll The Bones video.

Also, the encore video and subsequent homage to themselves for the last few songs was great. Putting amps on chairs, just awesome.

Can't forget the barrage of ever-increasing washing machines and amps during the songs either :lol:

That's weird.  Those are exactly what I liked best! :)
:cheers: :fistbump:

The look on everyone's face was.. "Are we really listening to this???" [Hemispheres Prelude, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1].  prog heaven!

Sponsored Post

#122 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

View Postlerxt1990, on 20 February 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

The look on everyone's face was.. "Are we really listening to this???" [Hemispheres Prelude, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1].  prog heaven!

I was one of those people whose face just lit up with that "Ohmygawd, I can't believe they're playing this!" looks.

#123 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3782 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 20 February 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

I was one of those people whose face just lit up with that "Ohmygawd, I can't believe they're playing this!" looks.
Gina's actual reaction photo:

https://search.yahoo...a&hsimp=yhs-004

#124 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 20 February 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

I didn't realize anyone caught that!

#125 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3782 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 20 February 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 20 February 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

I didn't realize anyone caught that!
Ermehgerd! Xernedoo!!!

#126 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21674 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

Me too. A big plus of not spoiling the setlist for myself beforehand!

#127 BowlCity

BowlCity

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

My favorite part of the show was Cygnus X-1. Hemispheres ended then those shimmering lights were all that we could see, then it was just us, the dark, and Geddy on stage with his bass. It was awesome.

#128 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2877 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

I might be the only one who feels this, but I think Between the Wheels was the best song they did on the tour, it was PERFECT.

It gave me the biggest chills ever

#129 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 12 August 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

View Postcygnify, on 12 August 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

As others have stated - so much to love about this show.  The setlist, the reverse chronological theme, the stage set up, the lights, the video presentations, the vintage drum set, the orchestral chimes, the double necks, the sound was GREAT, Geddy sounded GREAT singing, etc. etc.

Only minor gripes - didn't get to see Losing It (with it played so infrequently, but I understand with the logistics of having a guest), TFE was not represented (should have had one tune!), and Alex did not smile as much as he did on past tours.

A few of my favorite moments though, at least in the stage show - the opening video was my favorite ever, and I enjoyed the exit video as well ("F you puppet!")  and also the incredibly awesome lasers during the end of Cygnus X-1

Holy shit, I hadn't seen those before!  That is so amazingly wonderful!  Wow!

I can't wait for the R40 DVD to come out so I can see what else I've been missing.

The one downfall to having great seats for every show, eh? From what I'm told, you really needed to be towards the back of the venue to have the best view of the light show. I regret not making it a point to get a seat towards the back for one show. Howard really out did himself on this tour.

#130 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:51 PM

View PostThat One Guy, on 18 July 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

What are yours?

For me, the surprise triple-threat of Hemispheres Prelude, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1 was amazing.

I definitely have to agree with this. But the encore was pretty damn close. Being so lucky to see Lakeside Park, Anthem and What You're Doing was really special, even if the first two were truncated.

It isn't lost on me that Geddy really wanted no parts of playing all of these great songs in the 2nd set, and I am forever grateful to him for graciously putting his heart and soul into it just for us. FWIW, I really enjoyed the CA and S&A stuff as well, especially TMMB and The Anarchist, but I'm definitely partial to the earlier albums and was thrilled with the 2nd set and encore on this tour.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre, 22 February 2016 - 10:52 PM.

#131 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 22 February 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

As others have stated - so much to love about this show.  The setlist, the reverse chronological theme, the stage set up, the lights, the video presentations, the vintage drum set, the orchestral chimes, the double necks, the sound was GREAT, Geddy sounded GREAT singing, etc. etc.

Only minor gripes - didn't get to see Losing It (with it played so infrequently, but I understand with the logistics of having a guest), TFE was not represented (should have had one tune!), and Alex did not smile as much as he did on past tours.

A few of my favorite moments though, at least in the stage show - the opening video was my favorite ever, and I enjoyed the exit video as well ("F you puppet!")  and also the incredibly awesome lasers during the end of Cygnus X-1

I can't wait for the R40 DVD to come out so I can see what else I've been missing.

The one downfall to having great seats for every show, eh? From what I'm told, you really needed to be towards the back of the venue to have the best view of the light show. I regret not making it a point to get a seat towards the back for one show. Howard really out did himself on this tour.

I was super lucky in that I had one show front row, and one show far enough back to enjoy the light, yeah, best show ever.

I get choked up thinking about the montage of Geddy saying "good night" over the years.

#132 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

Crap!  There was a light show too?

#133 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 23 February 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

One drawback for having totally awesome seats. We didn't get the entirety of the light show. I still take the seats I had

#134 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 23 February 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

One drawback for having totally awesome seats. We didn't get the entirety of the light show. I still take the seats I had
I'm not complaining, and I feel a little awkward in the smugness of my comment, but I have to say that the show is much prettier on the DVD than it was up close.  The light show is amazing, really just captivating.

#135 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 23 February 2016 - 11:12 PM, said:

I'm not complaining, and I feel a little awkward in the smugness of my comment, but I have to say that the show is much prettier on the DVD than it was up close.  The light show is amazing, really just captivating.

I agree, Tom.  It would have been pretty great to see the light show live, but I'll take making eye contact with the guys over that any day :7up:

#136 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:58 AM

It was Live too. Glad I finally decided it was worth it to go to multiple shows, I'll be paying for them for awhile, but damn it 2 still wasn't enough, kwim?

#137 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

• Members *
  • 14370 posts
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 23 February 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

I agree, Tom.  It would have been pretty great to see the light show live, but I'll take making eye contact with the guys over that any day :7up:
Geddy winked at me as he mouthed the words "I love the Yukon Blade Grinder".
Posted Image

Edited by Tombstone Mountain, 24 February 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#138 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

So many favorite parts but  hooked on Losing It and Jacobs Ladder,a tune that I never really took to for some reason but now 30 odd years later i'm mesmerized by it.

#139 DirkPrattLerxst

DirkPrattLerxst

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1139 posts
  • Interests:Professional air bassist/drummer/guitarist

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

View PostMagicSpree101, on 22 February 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

I might be the only one who feels this, but I think Between the Wheels was the best song they did on the tour, it was PERFECT.

It gave me the biggest chills ever
It blew me away both times I saw it live. Fantastic.

#140 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

• Members *
  • 14370 posts
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

Neil's solo at the end of Cygnus...his double bass work was on it. A

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users