Jump to content


Vancouver Periscope Thread - July 17, 2015


426 replies to this topic

#401 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 18 July 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

WOW!!! The boys were on fire tonight and threw down hit after hit. Amazing show.  

In the first set a guy beside me asked me to stop singing because it's distracting him. Then he told me I should stop air drumming and air guitaring because I was in his space. During the intermission he said nobody should ever buy 5 or more shirts at a single concert. Second set, 8-10 people in the three rows around me (including myself) were standing up and rocking out. This guy left during Jacobs Ladder. Why go if your just going to complain about everything.

If I was at a Rush concert, I would be so mesmerized by them that the only way I would be aware of what anyone around me was doing would be if someone threw up.  And in that case, it would be the smell that would catch my attention.

Glad you had a good time, Cygnus!

Sponsored Post

#402 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Truly incredible; nothing could have prepared me for that setlist! It was great to be able to remain (mostly) unspoiled for it. They were absolutely on fire! As others have said, Geddy's vocals were excellent, I was absolutely astonished with how well he sang the encore.

#403 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostGeddy, on 18 July 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Truly incredible; nothing could have prepared me for that setlist! It was great to be able to remain (mostly) unspoiled for it. They were absolutely on fire! As others have said, Geddy's vocals were excellent, I was absolutely astonished with how well he sang the encore.

You were there???

Are you going tomorrow too?

#404 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostLorraine, on 18 July 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostGeddy, on 18 July 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Truly incredible; nothing could have prepared me for that setlist! It was great to be able to remain (mostly) unspoiled for it. They were absolutely on fire! As others have said, Geddy's vocals were excellent, I was absolutely astonished with how well he sang the encore.

You were there???

Are you going tomorrow too?
Yes, I was fortunate to be in attendance; I will be tomorrow as well!

#405 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostGeddy, on 18 July 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 18 July 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostGeddy, on 18 July 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Truly incredible; nothing could have prepared me for that setlist! It was great to be able to remain (mostly) unspoiled for it. They were absolutely on fire! As others have said, Geddy's vocals were excellent, I was absolutely astonished with how well he sang the encore.

You were there???

Are you going tomorrow too?
Yes, I was fortunate to be in attendance; I will be tomorrow as well!

Can you give me a rough estimate of about the time they'll do Xanadu tomorrow night?  So I can really feel bad?  :lol:

#406 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

By the way, how long did it take you to drive there from Seattle?  You have a passport obviously.  I remember when you could just drive into Canada without one.

#407 Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy's Soul Patch

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3835 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Interests:Music, Literature, Film, Star Trek, Time Travel, Going way, way, way back in time, Hobbiton, Making the joke seriously, Machines Can Love, Harvesting the Lumnian Fields

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostLorraine, on 18 July 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

By the way, how long did it take you to drive there from Seattle?  You have a passport obviously.  I remember when you could just drive into Canada without one.
Hit some really bad traffic getting into Vancouver, so I would say the trip took about 4.5 hours. As far as Xanadu, I suppose it'll be played around 10:30 :lol:

#408 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostLorraine, on 18 July 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

By the way, how long did it take you to drive there from Seattle?  You have a passport obviously.  I remember when you could just drive into Canada without one.

Normally the trip takes 2.5-3 hours, but there was a lot of traffic today.

#409 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

View Postpuffyshirt, on 18 July 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Show was awesome, everybody was in INCREDIBLY fine form! Geddy sounded great, as good as I've heard him since S&A tour, and Alex slayed all of his solos.

The setlist was incredible, and the surprise appearance by Ben Mink was just perfect.

Personal highlight for me was sitting beside a couple young "rockers" who you could just tell were going to be the obnoxious type. Luckily, they had about four beers each before the show started, and apparently can't handle their alcohol, as they were asleep passed out for at least 20 of the songs haha.

Surprise appearance by Ben Mink? Its been widely reported on the internet/Rush blogs for over a month he would be appearing at his hometown show. I guess if I hadn't  read a paper or watched the news in a year, id be surprised we signed a nuke treaty with Iran. Wait... we did what!?!??!?

#410 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 18 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

View Postpuffyshirt, on 18 July 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Show was awesome, everybody was in INCREDIBLY fine form! Geddy sounded great, as good as I've heard him since S&A tour, and Alex slayed all of his solos.

The setlist was incredible, and the surprise appearance by Ben Mink was just perfect.

Personal highlight for me was sitting beside a couple young "rockers" who you could just tell were going to be the obnoxious type. Luckily, they had about four beers each before the show started, and apparently can't handle their alcohol, as they were asleep passed out for at least 20 of the songs haha.

Surprise appearance by Ben Mink? Its been widely reported on the internet/Rush blogs for over a month he would be appearing at his hometown show. I guess if I hadn't  read a paper or watched the news in a year, id be surprised we signed a nuke treaty with Iran. Wait... we did what!?!??!?
I read this forum every day for at least an hour and haven't heard about Mink appearing in Vancouver. I thought all big Rush news would be posted here.

#411 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 18 July 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 18 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

View Postpuffyshirt, on 18 July 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Show was awesome, everybody was in INCREDIBLY fine form! Geddy sounded great, as good as I've heard him since S&A tour, and Alex slayed all of his solos.

The setlist was incredible, and the surprise appearance by Ben Mink was just perfect.

Personal highlight for me was sitting beside a couple young "rockers" who you could just tell were going to be the obnoxious type. Luckily, they had about four beers each before the show started, and apparently can't handle their alcohol, as they were asleep passed out for at least 20 of the songs haha.

Surprise appearance by Ben Mink? Its been widely reported on the internet/Rush blogs for over a month he would be appearing at his hometown show. I guess if I hadn't  read a paper or watched the news in a year, id be surprised we signed a nuke treaty with Iran. Wait... we did what!?!??!?
I read this forum every day for at least an hour and haven't heard about Mink appearing in Vancouver. I thought all big Rush news would be posted here.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Edited by EagleMoon, 18 July 2015 - 08:09 PM.


#412 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 18 July 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

View PostCygnus 2112, on 18 July 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 18 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

View Postpuffyshirt, on 18 July 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Show was awesome, everybody was in INCREDIBLY fine form! Geddy sounded great, as good as I've heard him since S&A tour, and Alex slayed all of his solos.

The setlist was incredible, and the surprise appearance by Ben Mink was just perfect.

Personal highlight for me was sitting beside a couple young "rockers" who you could just tell were going to be the obnoxious type. Luckily, they had about four beers each before the show started, and apparently can't handle their alcohol, as they were asleep passed out for at least 20 of the songs haha.

Surprise appearance by Ben Mink? Its been widely reported on the internet/Rush blogs for over a month he would be appearing at his hometown show. I guess if I hadn't  read a paper or watched the news in a year, id be surprised we signed a nuke treaty with Iran. Wait... we did what!?!??!?
I read this forum every day for at least an hour and haven't heard about Mink appearing in Vancouver. I thought all big Rush news would be posted here.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread.
This thread? I posted it hear an hour before the show when I heard about it. I wouldn't consider that widely reported for at least a month.

#413 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 18 July 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 18 July 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

View PostCygnus 2112, on 18 July 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 18 July 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

View Postpuffyshirt, on 18 July 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Show was awesome, everybody was in INCREDIBLY fine form! Geddy sounded great, as good as I've heard him since S&A tour, and Alex slayed all of his solos.

The setlist was incredible, and the surprise appearance by Ben Mink was just perfect.

Personal highlight for me was sitting beside a couple young "rockers" who you could just tell were going to be the obnoxious type. Luckily, they had about four beers each before the show started, and apparently can't handle their alcohol, as they were asleep passed out for at least 20 of the songs haha.

Surprise appearance by Ben Mink? Its been widely reported on the internet/Rush blogs for over a month he would be appearing at his hometown show. I guess if I hadn't  read a paper or watched the news in a year, id be surprised we signed a nuke treaty with Iran. Wait... we did what!?!??!?
I read this forum every day for at least an hour and haven't heard about Mink appearing in Vancouver. I thought all big Rush news would be posted here.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread.
This thread? I posted it hear an hour before the show when I heard about it. I wouldn't consider that widely reported for at least a month.

I remember hearing that it was likely that he would be playing at his hometown show but not that it was a definite thing.

#414 Partialgrace

Partialgrace

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:Some Eastern Land

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

Attended the Friday show and just got back to Japan. wow,It was quite a night to remember. Been a bit nervous for travelling by myself but it was worth it! (and thanks everyone that made kind advice to me!) And Losing it!  I heard  Ben Mink lived in Vancouver (Geddy said so in the interview around MFH release period) and wonder if he still lives there. But when they dived into Headlong Flight after the first song, I cried out. But it seems only me to notice in my section. (Almost all of my section sat  during the entire show except a few songs! And the woman next to me left her seat in the middle of Losing it! What!?)

Alex seemed to regain his playful self. What you're doing cracked me up. This was Alex we know and love!

two down point for me

I wanted to do "as if to fly.."
Show flied too fast, like a dream. I wish I could see them again.

Great show anyway!

#415 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostPartialgrace, on 19 July 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

Attended the Friday show and just got back to Japan. wow,It was quite a night to remember. Been a bit nervous for travelling by myself but it was worth it! (and thanks everyone that made kind advice to me!) And Losing it!  I heard  Ben Mink lived in Vancouver (Geddy said so in the interview around MFH release period) and wonder if he still lives there. But when they dived into Headlong Flight after the first song, I cried out. But it seems only me to notice in my section. (Almost all of my section sat  during the entire show except a few songs! And the woman next to me left her seat in the middle of Losing it! What!?)

Alex seemed to regain his playful self. What you're doing cracked me up. This was Alex we know and love!

two down point for me

I wanted to do "as if to fly.."
Show flied too fast, like a dream. I wish I could see them again.

Great show anyway!

Were you at Moxies before the show?

#416 Partialgrace

Partialgrace

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:Some Eastern Land

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

View PostCygnus 2112, on 20 July 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostPartialgrace, on 19 July 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

Attended the Friday show and just got back to Japan. wow,It was quite a night to remember. Been a bit nervous for travelling by myself but it was worth it! (and thanks everyone that made kind advice to me!) And Losing it!  I heard  Ben Mink lived in Vancouver (Geddy said so in the interview around MFH release period) and wonder if he still lives there. But when they dived into Headlong Flight after the first song, I cried out. But it seems only me to notice in my section. (Almost all of my section sat  during the entire show except a few songs! And the woman next to me left her seat in the middle of Losing it! What!?)

Alex seemed to regain his playful self. What you're doing cracked me up. This was Alex we know and love!

two down point for me

I wanted to do "as if to fly.."
Show flied too fast, like a dream. I wish I could see them again.

Great show anyway!

Were you at Moxies before the show?

No. I didn't know where the preshow meeting was held.

#417 lemonycake

lemonycake

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 307 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:music, movies, art, reading, being a hermit, clothing

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostPartialgrace, on 19 July 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

Attended the Friday show and just got back to Japan. wow,It was quite a night to remember. Been a bit nervous for travelling by myself but it was worth it! (and thanks everyone that made kind advice to me!) And Losing it!  I heard  Ben Mink lived in Vancouver (Geddy said so in the interview around MFH release period) and wonder if he still lives there. But when they dived into Headlong Flight after the first song, I cried out. But it seems only me to notice in my section. (Almost all of my section sat  during the entire show except a few songs! And the woman next to me left her seat in the middle of Losing it! What!?)

Alex seemed to regain his playful self. What you're doing cracked me up. This was Alex we know and love!

two down point for me

I wanted to do "as if to fly.."
Show flied too fast, like a dream. I wish I could see them again.

Great show anyway!

I was at the Vancouver show too! Tell me about it, my entire section sat during the show, except for a few obligatory songs. I was the only one standing and singing the whole time! Which section were you in?
Still an incredible show nonetheless, it seemed 3 hours just flew by in the blink of an eye.. I'm still in a daze!

#418 Partialgrace

Partialgrace

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Location:Some Eastern Land

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

I was at the middle of central lower tier. That central two blocks seemed to be quite tame. But people around me seemed to enjoy the show(ah, except the couple next to me) although they sat down but a few well known songs. I also sat down 'cause I don't have a courage to stand up. Yes I'm coward and shy..

#419 On TheRoad To Adventure

On TheRoad To Adventure

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 450 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 July 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

I have read here that Vancouver ticket sales have been very poor and there are plenty of seats available.  Too bad we couldn't fill the place with TRF members.

What?  I was there and it was packed!  It was an incredible show, and to the other who are saying that Vancouver audiences are dead, that certainly wasn't true in my section.  The place was rocking! :geddy:

#420 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4651 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

It's now one year since this show and the fourth time they played Losing It.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users