The Red Elvises

Moonraker

I was first introduced to this band about a year ago when I saw a fairly wacky movie by the name of Six String Samurai. It was the story of one man's trek through a nuclear fallout wasteland to try to get to Las Vegas or something like that where he could be a lounge singer. Along the way, he had to battle a lot of freaky characters, including Death, and had a small kid as his companion. But what was so cool about this movie is that it had The Red Elvises providing the soundtrack to the entire movie, and even making a guest appearance as a gang of fallout mutants or something like that, in which they played a song.

Anyway, this band can best be described as russian surf music I guess. They are definatly thier own thing. And checking thier website just made my day today as I found they will be in San Francisco on October 22nd. I was severly bummed when I missed thier show last year, it happened in early December and I was almost certain it was later in the month. Oh well, my own poor research. Anyway, I will be sure not to miss the show this year.

Check out thier website at http://www.redelvises.com/

If you wanna get a taste of em, check out Boogie on the Beach or Love Pipe. Both those songs were featured on the soundtrack to Six String Samurai

Archived