The Body Electric

Lorraine

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Body Electric?

Just wondering where this song stands in the wonderful world of Rush fandom.

I thought I remembered The Body Electric being disliked by many here. So, if you do dislike the song, what it is about the song that makes you dislike it?

I didn't use to care for it that much, but something clicked when I saw the live version on the CA DVD and now I love it. I used to be annoyed by the "1-0-0-1-0-0-1" part, but got over that. It's really a very cleverly crafted tune. I especially like Geddy's vocal melody on the verses.
  • Like 2

I love the song.

I was a bit disappointed to not get it at the two shows I saw on the CA tour. We should have got it at the Buffalo show but that's the night they decided to add Limelight into that rotation spot. Got LL again the second time I saw them as well. Nothing against LL but it would have been great to hear them do a rare gem like TBE.

• Like 1

Didn't really like it till the CA Tour. Now I love it, like most everything on the last album before 27 years in the wilderness.
  • Like 2

LABT, you are not the first person here to say something like that. I keep reading over and over how a song, or an album, someone wasn't very fond of suddenly became a big favorite once they saw Rush do it in concert.
  • Like 3

Grace Under Pressure only has one song on it that I don't rank as a 10.

That song is NOT The Body Electric.

If I got rid of Red Lenses, this would be my favourite Rush album, bar none. As it stands, HYF gets that vote! (And AFTK, MP and VT do as well...do not make me choose!).

I love the lyrics of this one, and the chorus is ultra addictive!

• Like 4

Nope......stupid lyrics. Interesting i love all the 80's expect grace. i'm amused by that myself, lol.

Mick

There's not even one song on the album you like?

No.......i do not like the style on this record....like at all.

and i want to but no use in forcing it.

Mick

• Like 1

LABT, you are not the first person here to say something like that. I keep reading over and over how a song, or an album, someone wasn't very fond of suddenly became a big favorite once they saw Rush do it in concert.

When they played it in Minneapolis, the whole building throbbed along with Geddy's bass.

• Like 2

Nope......stupid lyrics. Interesting i love all the 80's expect grace. i'm amused by that myself, lol.

Mick

Mick

I asked because I don't think there is one Rush album that I don't like at least one song off it. Usually, i like at least two or three even if I don't care for the album. But I understand an album having a sound that is just a complete turn-off.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Mick

Mick

I asked because I don't think there is one Rush album that I don't like at least one song off it. Usually, i like at least two or three even if I don't care for the album. But I understand an album having a sound that is just a complete turn-off.

Grace and VT are the ONLY rush albums i dislike through and thorugh. I even like stuff on the debut, lol

but such is the way of musical tastes.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Grace and VT are the ONLY rush albums i dislike through and thorugh. I even like stuff on the debut, lol

Mick

What is it in particular about the sound on Grace Under Pressure that you don't like?

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

What is it in particular about the sound on Grace Under Pressure that you don't like?

Few things.

1. The style- To police, Ultravox-y for my tastes.

2. One of the weaker production jobs they've had done. It SOUNDS very thin to me.

3. Just weak songwriting. Melodically and lyrically. I cannot connect with it for the life of me.

Mick

• Like 1

It's amazing the difference that seeing it live can make. I never much cared for Power Windows until I saw so much of it played during the last tour. Now I love the album.

• Like 2