Calgary Periscope Thread - July 15, 2015

Lorraine

How the hell do you folks afford to be at so many shows?

Stu Hamm was $25 (no fees) and I chilled on a couch 30 feet away from the Hamm, Skolnick and Joel Taylor. It was heavenly.

I suppose that's one reason why I don't have my R40 program yet.

I was hoping I can cheat and miss this, but Pete is challenging me to stick it out (so to speak.)

I think I've come up with my plan. Watch the first set now and pick up the second set game film tomorrow night. Hopefully that won't crush me too much tomorrow. Edited by ytserush

Security guy staring straight at him. :D

take bets on how long he's got? I say 2 minutes

Hopefully they're cool there. If he's wearing a VIP laminate, they won't bother him.

Hi Rod!

Hey hey...have you changed your mind about John Petrucci the genius yet?

I gave him a fighting chance a few years ago and bought several of their albums because people kept insisting on how good they were. I just can't get into it. They can't write a decent melody to save their lives. However that being said, I can understand why people like them. They just don't appeal to me. Maybe if John Myungs bass wasn't so buried in the mix it would be a little more appealing to me, but I doubt it.

Have you heard The Spirit Carries On, or Trial Of Tears?

Yes, both of them.

Is this the closest Periscope you folks have seen so far?

I think so. I like the different perspective although it's limiting in many ways.

Similar to my MSG seats, I was a little higher but 1st row, area below is offstage prep area

Is this the closest Periscope you folks have seen so far?

I think so. I like the different perspective although it's limiting in many ways.

Similar to my MSG seats, I was a little higher but 1st row, area below is offstage prep area

Had similar seat for Newark, but higher than yours and it was a trip to see all the stuff that goes on backstage. No much of a light show from there, but we saw that in Philly when we were farther back but elevated behind the soundboard.