Calgary Periscope Thread - July 15, 2015

Lorraine

I'd Periscope Friday's show, but you guys probably don't want to hear my singing all night.

That's okay - just try to match Geddy note for note, with the same timbre, and just loud enough so it blends in nicely.

Yeah no pressure, just be Geddy Lee and nobody will have any reason to make joking critiques. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Rod!

Hey hey...have you changed your mind about John Petrucci the genius yet?

I gave him a fighting chance a few years ago and bought several of their albums because people kept insisting on how good they were. I just can't get into it. They can't write a decent melody to save their lives. However that being said, I can understand why people like them. They just don't appeal to me. Maybe if John Myungs bass wasn't so buried in the mix it would be a little more appealing to me, but I doubt it.

• Like 4

Hi Rod!

I gave him a fighting chance a few years ago and bought several of their albums because people kept insisting on how good they were. I just can't get into it. They can't write a decent melody to save their lives. However that being said, I can understand why people like them. They just don't appeal to me. Maybe if John Myungs bass wasn't so buried in the mix it would be a little more appealing to me, but I doubt it.

Have you heard The Spirit Carries On, or Trial Of Tears?

Hi Rod!

Try the solo for The Spirit Carries On for starters....They can, they just don't do it enough. If you're looking for Myung unleashed try When Dream and Day Unite, their first album.....

Security guys doing what security guys do best: chatting with each other instead of, you know, scanning for trouble or whatever. Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2