Calgary Periscope Thread - July 15, 2015

Lorraine

Yes, Cactus Pete is a legend in my mind. And in his own mind too, I suspect...

Pope Francis loves Cactus Pete

That he does. He knows when he's got a live one on the hook! Rumor has it he's thinking of going to Calvary Calgary just to do another YBG Exclusive.

• Like 1

Oh Toymaker please. I don't know about the others, but I am only teasing.

I don't know what this is in reference to . . . but I do know that Merely Space's avatar is mostly red, like mine . . . :)

I just noticed it. I saw red and thought of you without checking. Giving more truth than ever to what they say about anyone who assumes something.

Good for me to be so mortified. I am sorry, toymaker. I will try to not let it happen again. Here...have some pizza. :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: And a hug. :hug2:

Only chuckles over here! But you got it backwards: most people think of me and then see red!

(It hurts their heads).

• Like 1

I don't usually re-read these threads, but this one was well worth going back and reliving. Folks in my office are wondering why I'm just cracking up. And the picture of Cactus Bob is priceless! It instantly brought back the panic I had for him when he flipped his camera view (whether intentionally or not) to self scope and I saw the shape he was in.

This thread was similar to what Neil says about live shows. Sometimes the magic just happens.

On to Vancouver! Really looking forward to tonight! Eight shows left, folks, let's make 'em count.

My husband always wants to know what happened here every day. When he asked last night, I was laughing so hard it was hard for me to get the words out to explain what went on in this thread to him. The grand finale to my story was Boogieman and the picture.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I don't usually re-read these threads, but this one was well worth going back and reliving. Folks in my office are wondering why I'm just cracking up. And the picture of Cactus Bob is priceless! It instantly brought back the panic I had for him when he flipped his camera view (whether intentionally or not) to self scope and I saw the shape he was in.

This thread was similar to what Neil says about live shows. Sometimes the magic just happens.

On to Vancouver! Really looking forward to tonight! Eight shows left, folks, let's make 'em count.

My husband always wants to know what happened here every day. When he asked last night, I was laughing so hard it was hard for me to get the words out explain what went on in this thread to him. The grand finale to my story was Boogieman and the picture.

Thanks for everybody's help getting it on here. I couldn't get it to work for the life of me, but knew as soon as I got it that it had to be in the thread.

I'll have to try photobucket next time.

• Like 1

My husband always wants to know what happened here every day. When he asked last night, I was laughing so hard it was hard for me to get the words out explain what went on in this thread to him. The grand finale to my story was Boogieman and the picture.

Thanks for everybody's help getting it on here. I couldn't get it to work for the life of me, but knew as soon as I got it that it had to be in the thread.

Photobucket is generally the most used image hosting site.

Photobucket is generally the most used image hosting site.

Good to know, thanks.

• Like 1

Oh Toymaker please. I don't know about the others, but I am only teasing.

I don't know what this is in reference to . . . but I do know that Merely Space's avatar is mostly red, like mine . . . :)

I just noticed it. I saw red and thought of you without checking. Giving more truth than ever to what they say about anyone who assumes something.

Good for me to be so mortified. I am sorry, toymaker. I will try to not let it happen again. Here...have some pizza. :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: And a hug. :hug2:

Sweet! I got mistaken for Toymaker! Movin' up in the world!

Already a year has passed since Cactus Pete!

:(

Didn't it go by fast?

We did have fun watching those periscope feeds. Lots of complaints about dropped signals and half the time people didn't get the second set but it was a real bonding experience.

• Like 2

Didn't it go by fast?

We did have fun watching those periscope feeds. Lots of complaints about dropped signals and half the time people didn't get the second set but it was a real bonding experience.

Yes, it was. Even though I couldn't watch anything, I loved just being there and looked so forward to them.

Didn't it go by fast?

Yes, it was. Even though I couldn't watch anything, I loved just being there and looked so forward to them.

Yeah that was too bad you couldn't see them but the biggest thing was the camaraderie.

• Like 2

I watched the McCartney show when he played in Milwaukee, it was pretty sweet

You mean you watched a periscoped show?

yeah, a guy from the second row was periscoping it. No way in hell was I spending $360 a ticket
  • Like 2

yeah, a guy from the second row was periscoping it. No way in hell was I spending $360 a ticket

Rush is the only band worth that. :)

I traveled from NY to Philly to see Macca cuz its been so long (and I have so much concert budget dough available thanks to Neil!)

I agree concert prices are outrageous (I stuck with face value tickets, in outfield 12th row in the lower stadium. In NYC, those seats would never be on TM, and theyd be double the $ on stubhub).

Big venue shows are tough, but Sir Paul does a good job connecting with fans.

The stories he tells on stage, who else in rock can talk about sacred Beatles stories first hand? Ringo?

I loved the Beatles as a teen, not as much lately, and compared to bands I listen to now, most of his 60s material is very soft rock to me. Wings rocks it out a bit more.

The stories he told about the Georges, Harrison and Martin, and John, I will never forget. And maybe I was amazed how good his voice was.

When he is done touring, who is left to share this seminal music? If you find someone, open the door and let him in.

• Like 1

no way. As much as I love Rush, I'd be periscoping for that price.

If it was a day long event with 3 or 4 of my favorites playing, yeah, I'd do it.

Didn't it go by fast?

Yeah that was too bad you couldn't see them but the biggest thing was the camaraderie.

Two nights ago I am watching the Periscope of TheTragically Hips Edmonton 1 farewell tour, and who is chatting away on the Periscope feed??

Cactus Pete!!!!

• Like 2

Didn't it go by fast?

Two nights ago I am watching the Periscope of TheTragically Hips Edmonton 1 farewell tour, and who is chatting away on the Periscope feed??

Cactus Pete!!!!

That's so funny. I'm actually friends with him on Facebook and didn't know it until after the periscope of that show.