Support Staff / Roadies

John V

I guess all these guys and gals have day jobs?

Would be hard to make a living off a tour once every few years.

What do these people do for the majority of the time they are not working for Rush?

Do they work for other bands when not on the Road with Rush?

Usually when they finish one tour, they jump right into another

Yes exactly. If they can't get on another tour they have to get money coming in some other way.

I guess all these guys and gals have day jobs?

Would be hard to make a living off a tour once every few years.

What do these people do for the majority of the time they are not working for Rush?

Do they work for other bands when not on the Road with Rush?

Glad you asked because I often wondered the same.

• Like 2

Everyone should try to watch this at some point...

Thanks, DD! If I had thought hard about a tour, I guess I would have realized that all those people (and cables!) had to be behind it but it was amazing to see it filmed that way! Thanks for the link! :)

Rush has had the same techs for a long time. I'm assuming they are so very particular about the essentials like FOH (main mix), monitor mix Brent, that they are willing to pay them some sort of salary to NOT take on any other tours. Maybe they do some one off's but to keep them ready for Rush. I have a friend in the touring industry that is in that exact scenerio.
  • Like 1

Brent says in the video that he freelances after Rush is done he has to find a gig. So I doubt he is on any kind of salary from Rush. Same case with Brad Madix who has his own Production Company so I'm sure he does ok. They know about a Rush tour 6 months in advance.

Actually the dude is really good at his job so Im sure hes got stuff lined up the wazoo.

Edited by Digital Dad

Rush has had the same techs for a long time. I'm assuming they are so very particular about the essentials like FOH (main mix), monitor mix Brent, that they are willing to pay them some sort of salary to NOT take on any other tours. Maybe they do some one off's but to keep them ready for Rush. I have a friend in the touring industry that is in that exact scenerio.

I don't think that is true. Alex's guitar tech Scott Appleton also works for Phil Collen when Def Leppard tours.