Most Underrated Song from Vapor Trails?

driven_to_xanadu

Most Underrated Song from Vapor Trails (Original or Remixed)  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Most Underrated Song from Vapor Trails (Original or Remixed)

• One Little Victory
    • Ceiling Unlimited
    • Ghost Rider
    • Peaceable Kingdom
    • The Stars Look Down
    • How It Is
    • Vapor Trail
    • Secret Touch
    • Earthshine
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out of the Cradle

I've been giving VT a good spin recently and I do think there is some good overlooked songs despite some mediocre stuff.

It's also interesting that they are playing How It Is on R40 which I consider to be one of the worst tracks from that album.

Edited by driven_to_xanadu

We got OLV on our set...love that one but I agree with you on Nocturne. Alex plays some cool licks and Geddy's voice is very strong and urgent.

People seems to have a huge hate for One Little Victory. Don´t know why, it´s awesome! I love that intro with the drums!

I remember the first time I heard the intro - I was so startled, I almost hit the ceiling! :o

:P

People seems to have a huge hate for One Little Victory. Don´t know why, it´s awesome! I love that intro with the drums!

I remember the first time I heard the intro - I was so startled, I almost hit the ceiling! :o

:P

Hehe. Thats funny. :)

Peacable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Four of the best songs this band ever wrote!

Yup. Huge Vapor Trails fan here. I have little patience with the VT haters now lol. This album is one of the bands peaks.

• Like 8

Peacable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Yup. Huge Vapor Trails fan here. I have little patience with the VT haters now lol. This album is one of the bands peaks.

As someone who loves VT, I have to ask, what the hell are you on? These aren't even the four best songs off the album let alone among the best they've ever wrote.

I voted for Nocturne.

• Like 1

Nocturne was my second choice. For a long time I never got past the stupid opening line but once I did I appreciated the song immensely.

Peacable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

As someone who loves VT, I have to ask, what the hell are you on? These aren't even the four best songs off the album let alone among the best they've ever wrote.

I voted for Nocturne.

I love these songs!

The first two are grossly underrated, the last two are in my top three from the album (if you include Earthshine).

The whole thing is underrated, and Freeze and Out Of The Cradle definitely deserve a better mention. I hate the remixed versions of those two songs especially, but I adore the scuzzy originals.

• Like 1

I have long posted about my disdain for Vapor Trails in the past (though I understand it was a very important album for them to make). My eyes have opened to it a little bit more, though, just recently. I've given it a bit more of a chance. It's still not a favourite, but I think it does have much more going for it than I've thought in the past.

So...

Nocturne and Sweet Miracle. Great, modern hard rock.

• Like 3

I have long posted about my disdain for Vapor Trails in the past (though I understand it was a very important album for them to make). My eyes have opened to it a little bit more, though, just recently. I've given it a bit more of a chance. It's still not a favourite, but I think it does have much more going for it than I've thought in the past.

So...

Nocturne and Sweet Miracle. Great, modern hard rock.

Ha, odd how you go straight for the two songs that initially pulled me into this album! My love was nonexistent, then I heard these two and eventually the love for them spread across the whole album!

• Like 1

The remix did wonders for this album. I'm less keen on the title track than on the rest of it, and although I love Out Of The Cradle, I find it a little sloppy, but aside from that, I think the whole thing is magnificent, a real world-builder. It's in my Top 5 for Rush. Maybe even my Top 3. Edited by GeddysMullet

I can't stand listening to it for the most part. The songs just don't grab me at all and even with the remix the bass drum is so far forward in the mix it's distracting.
  • Like 2

The intro IS awesome, no doubt, but that's where it ends, imo. The Geddy vocals in the background just grate on me for one thing. The song overall just doesn't do much for me.

I imposed a Rush penance on myself the other day. Listening to VT was part of it. I couldn't get past four songs. And the only reason I even got that far is because Ghost Rider was one of the songs.

There are only two good songs on the album - Ghost Rider and Secret Touch - and both of them contain probably the best lyrics Neil ever wrote.

• Like 1

I imposed a Rush penance on myself the other day. Listening to VT was part of it. I couldn't get past four songs. And the only reason I even got that far is because Ghost Rider was one of the songs.

There are only two good songs on the album - Ghost Rider and Secret Touch - and both of them contain probably the best lyrics Neil ever wrote.

I agree! It is great you can look past the bad and see the good.

I am still working on trying to like SA.

• Like 1