Does any member of Rush have a TRF account?

DirkPrattLerxst

or read the article

I dunno where to find it in the UK

Back in November 2013 I posted a link to some Rush at Pinkpop footage that was shown on one of the Dutch tv channels earlier that evening. A couple of days later I was listening to an interview with Alex (taped during the Prog Awards ceremony in London) and during that interview he mentioned he had recently watched footage from Pinkpop. That gave me the impression that either it was a huge coincidence or he's a lurker (or maybe even member) here...
  • Like 1

Back in November 2013 I posted a link to some Rush at Pinkpop footage that was shown on one of the Dutch tv channels earlier that evening. A couple of days later I was listening to an interview with Alex (taped during the Prog Awards ceremony in London) and during that interview he mentioned he had recently watched footage from Pinkpop. That gave me the impression that either it was a huge coincidence or he's a lurker (or maybe even member) here...

Why not the more likely scenario that someone in the Rush entourage saw the Pinkpop footage here (or simply on YouTube) THEN showed it to Lerxst?

Edited to add: Just remembered...at the time that Pinkpop footage was on here (I remember it), one of the Blaze brothers emailed me asking if I had seen the Pinkpop Rush footage. But he has NEVER been on TRF and didn't even know of this board's existence...yet he saw the Pinkpop footage without coming here.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I remember in the Rolling Stone article there was a bit they had about online fans after Geddy flubbed when talking about a certain song.

To keep it spoiler free:

During the show, Lee introduced the track "*********" as "a song we've never played live." "Ged is never wrong," says his brother — but in this case he was, flagrantly so: Not only had Rush played the song, as fans instantly pointed out online, it's on a live LP, *************. Lee can't quite believe he made this flub; perched on a couch, he begins looking up Rush trivia on his phone. "I f***ed up," he says, eventually. "I have no memory of ever playing '*******.' "

Lifeson takes on the voice of an aggrieved fan: "I f***ing hate these guys! They're liars!"

I suggest that Lee continue to tell crowds that they've never played the song, just to drive the fans nuts. He warms to the idea. "I should say, 'People are insisting we played this before — they're full of shit!' "

Lifeson does a Cartman-as-Geddy voice: "I'm Geddy Lee, and if I say we didn't play it before, we didn't play it before!"

On for goodness sake the tour is old news now. What song?

Wait till August

This man has integrity...and an iron will

I remember in the Rolling Stone article there was a bit they had about online fans after Geddy flubbed when talking about a certain song.

To keep it spoiler free:

During the show, Lee introduced the track "*********" as "a song we've never played live." "Ged is never wrong," says his brother — but in this case he was, flagrantly so: Not only had Rush played the song, as fans instantly pointed out online, it's on a live LP, *************. Lee can't quite believe he made this flub; perched on a couch, he begins looking up Rush trivia on his phone. "I f***ed up," he says, eventually. "I have no memory of ever playing '*******.' "

Lifeson takes on the voice of an aggrieved fan: "I f***ing hate these guys! They're liars!"

I suggest that Lee continue to tell crowds that they've never played the song, just to drive the fans nuts. He warms to the idea. "I should say, 'People are insisting we played this before — they're full of shit!' "

Lifeson does a Cartman-as-Geddy voice: "I'm Geddy Lee, and if I say we didn't play it before, we didn't play it before!"

Wait till August

So apparently the tour is old news but the song isn't? :)

To keep it spoiler free:

Wait till August

I assume "spoilers" are fair game the second the last show ends?

To keep it spoiler free:

Wait till August

Yeah I would certainly think so.

Why not the more likely scenario that someone in the Rush entourage saw the Pinkpop footage here (or simply on YouTube) THEN showed it to Lerxst?

Edited to add: Just remembered...at the time that Pinkpop footage was on here (I remember it), one of the Blaze brothers emailed me asking if I had seen the Pinkpop Rush footage. But he has NEVER been on TRF and didn't even know of this board's existence...yet he saw the Pinkpop footage without coming here.

:eh: Now you've gone and ruined my daydreaming

;)

;)

Your daydream is NOT impossible though. Chew on that. :)

• Like 1

;)

Your daydream is NOT impossible though. Chew on that. :)

:cheers:

To keep it spoiler free:

Wait till August

Spoilers will cease to exist come 8/2. Nothing to spoil.