2015 British Open

RushCanuck

We had a successful 2015 US Open golf thread, so here goes with a British Open thread. Please post British Open comments here if you are following the tournament.

It could be a birdie fest, I hear. Rickie and Jordan go in after winning on Sunday. Maybe some underdog like a Ben Curtis type will win...

This is my second favorite major, after the Masters but before the US Open.

Wondering how it stacks up for others.

• Like 2

Always have loved The Open. Doesn't get any better than at St. Andrews but I have to say that Muirfield is my personal fav of the rotation courses. Wind really makes the Old Course a stiff test (I like it when, as the caddies say, it takes three damn good shots to get home in 2).

Calling Fowler out right now.

edit to add: Masters, Open, US Open and PGA.

Edited by theredtamasrule

This is my second favorite major, after the Masters but before the US Open.

Wondering how it stacks up for others.

Tough one for me. The Masters is always first and I really think between the two Opens it matters the venue each year as to which I prefer. The PGA will always be the redheaded stepchild (am I still allowed to say that? :sigh: )in my view...
  • Like 1

I put Spieth as a tag on this topic because can he win and keep the slam going is The big question.

Too bad the defending champ hurt his ankle playing soccer and is on the sidelines. D'oh!

Narps, Tiger and Jason Day tee off 4:55 am our time (ET) on Thursday.

I put Spieth as a tag on this topic because can he win and keep the slam going is The big question.

Too bad the defending champ hurt his ankle playing soccer and is on the sidelines. D'oh!

So its 5 hours time difference not 7?...

the big difference that may affect Speith is the possible Jet Lag - 6 hour time difference and he left today - many others have already been there a week. But then of course he's only 21 years old.

One of the fun ones to watch because of the course. Im not even really a golf fanatic, but i love the majors.

You may hate me if you wish, but pulling for tiger

• Like 1

One of the fun ones to watch because of the course. Im not even really a golf fanatic, but i love the majors.

You may hate me if you wish, but pulling for tiger

:LOL: you gave me permission to hate you so i do :moon: :moon: :moon:

tiger, arghhhh. :P

You and Narps can slobber all over each other when Tiger barely makes the cut :P

^^^^lolz

Dont be surprised if he is in the top ten...

In the beds of the top ten players others wives? I won't be suprised - :P Edited by alphseeker

That's a heck of a threesome! Hit it long and straight Narps!
  • Like 3

:LOL: Damn I wish I could still play... :rage:
  • Like 1

:LOL: Damn I wish I could still play... :rage:

Nah...I hear Tiger's a jerk.
  • Like 1

8 hours and counting.... :dweez:

Yup, I will be going to bed soon so I can be awake for 4 am. just watching some Golf Channel and they are saying Friday's weather could be a challenge.

No predictions from me, I'm content to watch and see who plays the best and gets a lucky break here and there.

• Like 1

The poll this time should be, who will have the lower score, Tiger or Tom Watson?

Here's hoping Watson can play all four days.

• Like 1

8 hours and counting.... :dweez:

Yup, I will be going to bed soon so I can be awake for 4 am. just watching some Golf Channel and they are saying Friday's weather could be a challenge.

No predictions from me, I'm content to watch and see who plays the best and gets a lucky break here and there.

Right with ya on that one. I haven't a clue on this one and if there is weather and it effects one half of the draw and not the other, you know how that goes. I would love to see Watson play well and of course I don't mean Baby... :)
  • Like 1

Sweet... We will be able to enjoy Mike Tirreco's beautiful voice for this tournament.

Damn. Beat me to it. Lingmerth!! Holy poo... :eh: :blink:
  • Like 1

Sweet... We will be able to enjoy Mike Tirreco's beautiful voice for this tournament.

Damn. Beat me to it. Lingmerth!! Holy poo... :eh: :blink:

Good morning, dear friend. Glad I'm not the only crazy one up and watching this. Some low scores so far...

• Like 1