Denver Hard Rock meet-up was..... Strange

HigherWater

I can't seem to get this out of my head. The meet up at the Hard Rock, Denver felt really odd. I'm wondering if anyone else felt the same way. Anderson seemed shameless in his piggybacking and fleecing of us fans and the Hard Rock put out a RIP OFF "Rush Menu." We never eat corporate but my son and I made the trip so we could hang out with Rush fans. What we ended up with was a couple of below-average $10.00 comic books (list for $3.99 but were told they were 'out-of-print'. No surprise, they kinda suck) and a $60.00 tab for mediocre food.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else felt like the evening was a little 'off'.

HW

any time ypu can help a local establishment i am all for it forget hard rock planet hollywood bs places. Should have found a different place for the meet up imo. Hard rock is famous for crappy food and over priced beer. Put some money into the local economy.

any time ypu can help a local establishment i am all for it forget hard rock planet hollywood bs places. Should have found a different place for the meet up imo. Hard rock is famous for crappy food and over priced beer. Put some money into the local economy.

Right on! I didn't plan this thing. It was set up by K. Anderson to sell his crappy Clockwork Angels merch.

Weed is 100% legal. It was bound to be a little... odd there. People from all over indulging when they may not normally.

I would have for sure! Weed gummies? GIMME! :smoke:

• Like 3

Right on! I didn't plan this thing. It was set up by K. Anderson to sell his crappy Clockwork Angels merch.

That probably explains it, maybe no one is buying his stuff and they need to go to a hard sell approach. :P

Easily the better of the two I saw (KC being the previous one). If Denver is my last time seeing them (and I have no reason to assume it won't be), then they delivered big. I have yet to listen to all of the recordings and I haven't kept up with Periscope dilligently, but I think Denver may be ranked as one of the best performances of the tour.
  • Like 1

Kind of glad I didn't waste my time with this Hard Rock thing. Sounds like I missed nothing.

Last time I was in a Hard Rock was in Melbourne, Australia.... and they had a Geddy autographed Hemispheres LP there. A weird experience if only because barely anyone there knows Rush.

Edited by analog guy