Denver, CO Periscope Thread - July 11th

DirkPrattLerxst

SO NICE TO BE HERE after an all day bluegrass festival!!! It wasn't bad but it was no Rush . . . .

No much is, but diversity is important. Seeing Stu Hamm's band in a few days with Alex Skolnick playing guitar in a small club. Totally different experience, but awesome just the same.

Yay for live music.

• Like 1

SO NICE TO BE HERE after an all day bluegrass festival!!! It wasn't bad but it was no Rush . . . .

No much is, but diversity is important. Seeing Stu Hamm's band in a few days with Alex Skolnick playing guitar in a small club. Totally different experience, but awesome just the same.

Yay for live music.

Was just listening to Alex Skolnick tonight! That sounds like it will be an awesome evening. And the festival was nice because there was no rain for the first time in 40 days and 40 nights.

Yay for live music.

Was just listening to Alex Skolnick tonight! That sounds like it will be an awesome evening. And the festival was nice because there was no rain for the first time in 40 days and 40 nights.

Which CD?

I sure it will be great. I've never seen him or Stu Hamm or Alex Skolnick (or drummer Joel Taylor) before live, but I have like 20 CDs with either one of them on them. Mostly solo and other projects. Hoping for a night of fusion, but I'd be cool with just about anything considering who they are.

No rain is a bonus. Finally mowed the lawn today.

• Like 1

Yay for live music.

Which CD?

I sure it will be great. I've never seen him or Stu Hamm or Alex Skolnick (or drummer Joel Taylor) before live, but I have like 20 CDs with either one of them on them. Mostly solo and other projects. Hoping for a night of fusion, but I'd be cool with just about anything considering who they are.

It wasn't a CD, he was actually on That Metal Show we had on for awhile tonight. I liked his playing a lot, is there a CD you would recommend?

Yay for live music.

Which CD?

It wasn't a CD, he was actually on That Metal Show we had on for awhile tonight. I liked his playing a lot, is there a CD you would recommend?

Depends on what you like.

He comes from a metal background (Testament -- which I sort of like but don't have anything. He's also part of some Metal Alliance/Allegence project with Mike Portnoy) and he's dabbled in some jazz (with his Trio) with interpretations of known rock and metal songs (including Tom Sawyer) as well as some originals I actually like that stuff better but it's not for everyone.

If you're into the Jazz thing. Goodbye To Romance: Standards For A New Generation.is probably a good gateway. It's all covers. He's also on the second and third Magna Carta Rush Tribute albums (Along with Stu Hamm actually.)

• Like 1

Waiting for the complaining to start

Alex was 1/3 of a second late on one of the notes he played.

Alex was doing great until towards the end of the set... I can emphasize...

Yay for live music.

Which CD?

Depends on what you like.

He comes from a metal background (Testament -- which I sort of like but don't have anything. He's also part of some Metal Alliance/Allegence project with Mike Portnoy) and he's dabbled in some jazz (with his Trio) with interpretations of known rock and metal songs (including Tom Sawyer) as well as some originals I actually like that stuff better but it's not for everyone.

If you're into the Jazz thing. Goodbye To Romance: Standards For A New Generation.is probably a good gateway. It's all covers. He's also on the second and third Magna Carta Rush Tribute albums (Along with Stu Hamm actually.)

Thank you! Sounds interesting for sure!

• Like 1