What got you hooked on RUSH?

DistantEarlySignals

What song (If you remember), got you into the band? For me it was Countdown. My favorite RUSH songs at first were Countdown and Red Barchetta. Now, I still love the RB, but Countdown lingers in my top 15 RUSH songs, if not my top ten. I just love that song.

So what was the song that got you hooked on RUSH?

• Like 4

Well, first thing I heard was Moving Pictures. But I did not like it. But then I got forced to go and see Rush live on Time Machine Tour. Then the song that made me realize how awesome they are was Stick It Out.

Then the song that made me realize how awesome they are was Stick It Out.

Seriously?

I think that song doesn't show one bit of the awesomeness Rush usually have...

But then again I don't think much of Counterparts in general.

• Like 2

Then the song that made me realize how awesome they are was Stick It Out.

Seriously?

I think that song doesn't show one bit of the awesomeness Rush usually have...

But then again I don't think much of Counterparts in general.

I love it. The awesome guitar makes it a great song! Besides, Counterparts is one of my favorite albums.

I heard the Fly By Night album first. Then I listened to the albums chronogically : Rush then Caress Of Steel then 2112 etc...

While I liked their music, there was nothing that made me go wow these guys are amazing they're now my favorite band. But with the 3 albums following Caress Of Steel, I started to hear truly amazing songs : 2112, Xanadu and La Villa Strangiato. La Villa Strangiato is still my favorite Rush song.

As much as I like some songs on the late 70's albums, I think that most albums they did in the 80's are more consistent.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

Must I? ATWAS all day. Then I went back and got the 4 studio albums previous and waited for AFTK... :)
  • Like 5

For me, it wasn't a particular song, it was the passion of their live performance at the first gig of theirs that I attended in 2007. Particularly notable for me was the joy and enthusiasm with which they played the new material. I had assumed that a Rush gig would be a nostalgia act, and I was thrilled beyond measure to discover a band from that era that was still vital and creative and still making exciting new music.

They have not disappointed me :no:

• Like 4

ATWAS. By-Tor in particular cause as an impressionable youngster, all the talk of Hades, Styx, the devil, and hell made me realize the band actual was devil worshipers.
  • Like 2