My KC review

bordercollie

Superb as usual! My 4th show of the tour. First one since I saw 3 of the first 6 shows.

They're so much more relaxed and making everything seem effortless. They all goofed off and interacted with the crowd. Alex talked to the dinosaurs on his amps during Subdivisions! When Geddy says WE'RE SO EXCITED TO BE HERE after WYD, Alex did a little happy dance and Geddy mentioned EVEN HE'S EXCITED TO BE HERE!

Shocker of the night, Neil even did a little happy dance between the end of Working Man and the Garden Road teaser!

Their playing was on fire. No major flubs. Geddy is the star of the show. Many thought his voice wouldn't hold up for this tour? Pfffft. He's just killing it now.

Standouts were BTW with some awesome Alex soloing, Xanadu and 2112 Presentation with Geddy nailing some difficult vocals, and Working Man for the overall energy.

I was 15 rows back on Alex's side. The crowd was super into the show from my vantage point. Nothing can top watching the Tulsa show unfold on opening night, but this show ranks way up there.

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 4

I heard a lot of the upper deck in KC was curtained off?

And the millions of fans in the measly four show largest fanbase completely sold out months in advance northeast sit with oodles of unspent rush cash in their pockets.

Always that 401k to fund instead! Or Pearl Jam!

• Like 1

Superb as usual! My 4th show of the tour. First one since I saw 3 of the first 6 shows.

They're so much more relaxed and making everything seem effortless. They all goofed off and interacted with the crowd. Alex talked to the dinosaurs on his amps during Subdivisions! When Geddy says WE'RE SO EXCITED TO BE HERE after WYD, Alex did a little happy dance and Geddy mentioned EVEN HE'S EXCITED TO BE HERE!

Shocker of the night, Neil even did a little happy dance between the end of Working Man and the Garden Road teaser!

Their playing was on fire. No major flubs. Geddy is the star of the show. Many thought his voice wouldn't hold up for this tour? Pfffft. He's just killing it now.

Standouts were BTW with some awesome Alex soloing, Xanadu and 2112 Presentation with Geddy nailing some difficult vocals, and Working Man for the overall energy.

I was 15 rows back on Alex's side. The crowd was super into the show from my vantage point. Nothing can top watching the Tulsa show unfold on opening night, but this show ranks way up there.

For the second set, we may have been in the same row. I had on a tie-dye LZ shirt.

Summed up everything I had to say! It was truly epic and Alex's little dance was hilarious! They were all on fire and it was the best concert experience of my life! Oh and the crowd was also great, like how during TCE someone let some balloons out and they bounced around the arena.

There were probably four sections on each side of the upper bowl curtained off. Otherwise, it was packed as usual.

I did see the LZ shirt a pass by while in my seat.

Yeah, the Camera Eye solo was Alex's biggest flub now that I remember it.

I've seen Tulsa, Austin, and Dallas....crowds were big. I heard a lot of the upper deck in KC was curtained off?

Sprint holds 19,252 for concerts. The side sections of the upper deck were not open. They opened up the far end upper deck seating for sale when the lower level sold out.

For what it's worth, there were around 14-15,000+ there last night. I only saw a few scattered seats available in the upper deck corner. For comparison, the KC show at Sprint Center in 2013 I don't believe the upper deck was opened at all.

It was a very enthusiastic and raucous crowd last night.

The 2nd Set and Encore were unbelievable. I've seen every show of theirs in the KC area since 1988, and I've never seen them play any better. It was EPIC!

I heard a lot of the upper deck in KC was curtained off?

And the millions of fans in the measly four show largest fanbase completely sold out months in advance northeast sit with oodles of unspent rush cash in their pockets.

Always that 401k to fund instead! Or Pearl Jam!

Makes no sense, unless Neil demanded more shows out in the open country for his riding pleasure. They could have at least hit up Mohegan Sun.

Alex needs to rehearse the Camera Eye solo, he has consistently butchered the highlight of that song. Otherwise I agree, good show.

Listen to the album for perfection...attend the show to hope for it! It rarely happens