YYZumbi

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should Rush do next?

• New Tour
    • New studio album
    • Different Stages 2
    • Retirement
    • Something else (explain)

After this tour and new live album, what should Rush do next?

New tour

New studio album

Different Stages 2 with unreleased live stuff

Retirement

Or something else (explain)

I would vote for a new studio album- at their own pace; whenever they do it is fine.

And I think a continuation of live shows being released is pretty likely. :yes:

• Like 2

They should do something else - come hang out with me and we'll go do some wine tasting and eat some excellent meals.

:D

They'd have to do coffee tasting, with me.

• Like 1

I would vote for a new studio album- at their own pace; whenever they do it is fine.

And I think a continuation of live shows being released is pretty likely. :yes:

I am hoping for a filmed and recorded release of this tour that actually does it justice. That is all I would like to see beyond this tour. That is as greedy as I dare get...
  • Like 1

They should and will obviously do whatever they want to do. I'll be really happy if they don't stop playing concerts completely and come to Europe because I'd really like to see them live once in my life.

If they record another album, I'll listen to it but I'm not expecting to like it much tbh, particularly if it's another sonic mess.

One more album with Terry Brown at the helm to bring things full circle, no supporting tour necessary. But only when and IF they feel inspired to do it. Otherwise, I hope they all relax, enjoy their families and live happily ever after.
  • Like 1

I'd be cool with Different Stages 2 (Some older live material would be cool).

A new studio album would be amazing although I'm not optimistic it will happen necessarily.

Puppet shows

This is a great idea. Who wouldn't enjoy the boys doing a puppet show. Spinal Tap could be the opening act and Geddy could even join them on stage for their encore ala Max Webster for a rousing rendition of Big Bottom.

• Like 2

Puppet shows

This is a great idea. Who wouldn't enjoy the boys doing a puppet show. Spinal Tap could be the opening act and Geddy could even join them on stage for their encore ala Max Webster for a rousing rendition of Big Bottom.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/puppet_show_and_spinal_tap_zpsbtna4kqy.jpg

• Like 2

Puppet shows

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/puppet_show_and_spinal_tap_zpsbtna4kqy.jpg

I knew that pic would pop up. I also knew Sharkchick would go the distance by putting the boys on there Edited by Tombstone Mountain

They should spend all of next year with their families being parents/grandparents while other's at Rush HQ handle the release and promotion of the inevitable R40 live album (but please let the guys hear it and work on it first). After taking the whole year up, they should return to the studio in early 2017 to record the follow up to 2012's modern-day classic, Clockwork Angels, and have it out by mid-summer/early fall (northern Hemisphere). After which they should do a few small gigs at major cities not far from home, then return home and either consider themselves essentially retired, or plan on releasing another studio album in 2022.

After some (one year?) rest they should take their instruments back and give at least a try.

Everything could then happen will make masses happy (and I don't trust them as plumbers!)